summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

life's a beach....

At least it is for me....

Dinner tonight was easy. Only Paul and I, Abigail, Kathryn, Evelyn, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. But: several other kids ate SOME dinner, and left, planning to eat more when they get home from Outdoor Challenge tryouts and berry picking...and Aaron will be eating when he gets home from work...so, although our dinner was quiet (actually, Kathryn and Evelyn were NOT quiet. They really liked having Mom and Dad's attention)the real fun will begin when they all get home again.

To Target today with Margaret and Sonja, Sonja got a new bike with her birthday money. She was beeming to be the kid so lucky to walk through the store wheeling a new bike.

Price Chopper. Bananas, cherries, watermelon, cantaloupe, peppers, cheese, chicken, two London Broils for $2.49 a pound (marinated and grilled, enjoyed for dinner), milk and yogurt, eggs and wheat bread....and one fried haddock and fries dinner to share with the girls...I had only one bite of fish and one fry, then ate a yogurt instead.

Aldi: another watermelon, apples, frozen rasberries, a pail of ice cream, and some veggies....

Home. Ahh. Finally. I do not like going out and about on nice sunny summer days. But since I have started eating better, I tend to serve healthier meals. The carbs are usually veggies/fruits....which have to be refreshed frequently, tonight with our steak we had cantaloupe, and salad. We go through insane amounts of fruits and veggies, even when we cut things up and share. And, since I love watermelon so much, and it is so cheap, usually less than $4 each, we have one every few days. Milk, bread, cereal, yogurt, we run out so quickly. As I pulled in the driveway, eager to be back to the kids, I was comforted hearing that Samuel had read the three little ones TEN books. And that they had had a picnic lunch in the yard under the tree. They were fine. They were happy I was home. They were happy I brought new princess cups for the princesses (50 cents each at Target), and were all wondering what I brought them...the jeans I guessed on for Joseph and Sam fit fine, and the clothes I got for Mirielle on the 75% rack were appreciated.

Into the pool. Oh, heavenly. I took a nice rest in the sun to dry off, then on to the treadmill for 20 minutes...in my bathing suit and sneakers....then back into the pool to cool off again...then to make dinner...never a dull moment, but not overly crazy, either.

Now it is bedtime. Different kids have slept in the tent in the yard the last few nights, but now it is put away, they have it out of their system for now.

After these princesses are tucked in, I shall start gathering food and snacks and towels and suits and pails and shovels...for tomorrow: beach!!!!

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Wow I just love how You share the little details! Aren't cherries so yummy this season? I can't stop eating them! I just love how your life is so much like mine.. I just have a few less kids:)

FLmom7 said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy the beach!