summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 21, 2011

pictures

Camille Anaya
Charlotte Claire
a towel and some flowers: a nice place for breakfast
Suzanne went to Build-A-Bear with her cousin Grace
sweet
tough
cold
grumpy
confused
surprised!
sad

Dum-Dum

Camille Anaya

Since it is now 98 degrees, and I am waterlogged from being in the pool all day (which I really really am thankful for), the kids needed a break from chlorine and sunshine too...so they are watching, "Aladdin", and I am sitting here posting pictures.

We have had our pool since the summer I was expecting Samuel, who will be 16 soon. He was our eighth child, and I was thirty years old. After he was born, August 2nd, came the tricky part: how to watch seven kids ages ten and under in the pool while taking care of a newborn. Through the years all different yet similar scenarios played out...toddlers, newborns, two year olds who needed naps...it seems there were times when five of them needed floaties. Now, just two do. And no more naptimes, except for when they conk out on the couch, like they almost are right now. I so appreciate my time in the pool, as for years and years it was part and parcelled. Cut short and sometimes days went by and I wasn't able to get in at all...

Well, it is the Dreaded Dinner Time. And, as usual, I have no idea....

2 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

I have often wondered when you stop naps or if it is just a natural progression of ceasing them. Recently, I saw an episode of 19 Kids and Counting and one of the older children was trying to get a younger child to nap. During the back and forth banter of trying to get out of the nap, it was brought up to the younger child that she wouldn't need to take a nap anymore once she turned six....SIX!! If either of my kids still took naps I would never get any sleep. They already have sleep issues so when we accidentally let one of the conk out in the middle of the afternoon, it's a guaranteed VERY late bedtime....like close to midnight.

cheryl said...

Hahaha.. Camille.. she's hilarious!! Will's back, and we are enjoying him, too!