summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

running here and there and everywhere

Oops, did I say I was staying home? Blah. Kathryn's ear hurt, drainage was green, off to the dr. Sam cam along to develop pictures from his trip to New York City. Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja came along just to be along. Perhaps because they knew how much fun it would be to laugh their heads off when the dr. came in, or when they raided the sticker basket.

They talked me into taking them to the Chinese buffet for lunch. I will never go there ever again. It was good, too good. I only had pepper chicken, SO good, with green peppers and onions, and hot peppers, and black pepper. It is my favorite. I had a tiny bit of General Tsaos, too, but no dessert, no rice or noodles. No fried donut. One french fry, and two orange slices. And like three fortune cookies. I felt awful. I felt like I had eaten way too much, because I am not used to it anymore.

We then went to the Thrifty Shopper. Why did I buy a gorgeous prom-type dress for Suzanne? Because it was half price. Why did I also buy one for Evelyn? Because she wanted it. They tried them on, and looked pretty spectacular. Older girls like to be princesses too. I found a pair of jean shorts for myself for a few bucks, and some Disney movies for a few bucks each. And a stack of plastic mugs for camping.

Of course I vowed to not eat anything else all day. ha. Walmart, where I picked up Kathryn's prescription and bought two watermelons, ice cream, ice, and popsicles. I had one of the popsicles on the way home. It was a lemon-lime slushy pop. When I ripped the bag open, I ripped the part where the calories are printed. oh well, I ate it and it was so refreshing in our boiling hot van.

Home...in the pool. Grilled steak on the deck, cut up a watermelon, Paul made salad. Heated up some corn. Ate out on the deck...

Okay, I have already resisted ice cream this evening, now Mirielle is making her kettle corn. The smell is intoxicating. I think I am going to have to just go to bed, it smells so heavenly good. rrr.

1 comment:

Martha said...

You will not want to eat anything today except Popsicles and watermelon. We have one small air conditioner in an upstairs bedroom. It is turned on with a fan in the doorway to blow the cool air out into the house. So far it is tolerable. You are lucky to have a pool. I have a midday bank appointment in Sodus, the opposite direction from my sister's house where the pool and air conditioning await.