summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 24, 2011

shopping and shopping and shopping

A nice picture on my phone of when Suze ran into the spray butter display, clunking and clattering the plastic containers all over the floor, the girls collapsing with laughter, Suze wearing the new-to-her high heels her Nice Mom bought a few minutes before in the Thrifty Shopper next store, in which Kathryn bought some shorts to change into since she spilled so much iced tea from McDonalds on the ones she had on that it looked like she wet her pants...(but I couldn't get the pic on here, complications)

No, never a dull moment. Suze wore those ridiculous heels all through the store.

We filled FIVE carts with supplies for the grill.

We then went to Target really quickly to return a battery powered pump for air mattresses, because we found the one we already had. We picked up some bras for the girls while we were in there, for 75% off. And a pair of 75% off sandals for Kathryn. Price Chopper: more stuff for the grill (Kim, the tortilla chips are only two cents a bag more than Walmart). I had to get twenty bags, to that IS forty cents.

We were getting tired. Very tired. We had spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on grill stuff. We had packed it into the minivan. We were tired. We had gone to Sears because I had a five dollar off coupon, off any purchase...well, surprise, all the clearance stuff was an additional 40% off. I got some sports bras for some girls, some bathing suits, a few shirts for Jon for school, and a present for my sister for her birthday. I also bought Charlotte Claire a sweet little outfit for kindergarten for only $4.19, regularly $28. And a little dress for $4.19. Undies for Jon, some socks, all cheap. Then: at the register the Nice Cashier scanned a coupon for 15% off our total! Yes, it was fun.

The girls had one thought today, to go to Subway. I finally relented because I was getting so hungry. I had a half of Buffalo chicken sub with no dressing, with tomatoes and lettuce and green peppers and olives. No cheese. Almost 400 calories still, ouchie, but oh it was yum. On a toasted bun. We parked by the river to eat, and watched a New Mom pick her newborn up without supporting his head at all. It's funny, I didn't even say anything, but the girls saw and were upset about it. They also saw a lady in the grocery store pulling a very small toddler by his arm (nursemaid's elbow anyone? or perhaps a dislocated shoulder? duh!!) I guess they have learned a thing or two growing up here. Little ones are precious, and should be handled carefully.

There is still more to get for the grill, the 100 frozen pizza doughs have been ordered and need picking up. (80 for pizza, 20 for fried dough, oh my goodness...how shall I survive this church conference?)

Mali is not feeling well, sore throat and headache...I shall call doc for her tomorrow. Jon is not feeling too great either. I think he picked up something at the birthday party he attended the other day. This is NOT all because the nurse at the dr. office mentioned the other day how we really didn't come in too often for there being SO MANY of us. It just seems like it. It just seems like that is why it is happening, not that there are so many of us.

I am tired, too tired to type anything that makes sense. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I cannot imagine buying bras for 9 girls... Nor those "other things."