summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 18, 2011

monday morning at home...

1. 6:30 is too early. It is NOT happening! No way. I sent their little rumps back to bed. I guess Camille can't sleep in the room with Charlotte Claire.

2. Is it wrong that I told Camille, who did NOT want to go back to bed at 6:30, that she could go bye-bye with Mommy later if she went to sleep like a good girl?

3. I have to take Camille some place today.

4. I was so fully awake from getting Camille tucked back in, I should have stayed up. But no, I settled back into my comfy bed on this cloudy rainy morning, and slept until after nine!

5. Rosie and I walked in the rain.

6. Olivia went home. She stayed over three nights. Char asked this morning why Olivia only gets to stay for such a little bit of time.

7. Kathryn made French Toast for breakfast. I cannot begin to say how much I appreciate this. The kids love it.

8. I had my usual: whole oats with a teaspoon of crunchy peanutbutter, and some brown sugar. And milk. And coffee with half and half.

9. There is a good spirit here in our home this morning. Can't explain it, but I think it is because the camping girls are back home, and they are glad to be home.

10. We are really and truly going Adirondack camping this year!!! In tents. Mirielle is in charge of planning meals. We are going to keep it simple, so if you see our kids there looking like bums, remember it isn't normal, and that it is KILLING me.

11. Bums or not, we shall have fun up there in the mountains. Emily and Abigail both have vacation time off, so we all will be there except for Benjamin. Oh, how I wish Benjamin would be there instead of off in the California desert getting acclimated to the Afghanistan weather..

12. Speaking of Benjamin, I miss him SO much.

13. I have this week and next week to buy drinks, candy, and food for the summer conference. A few thousand dollars worth of stuff. Plus I have to buy our home groceries, our conference food, and our camping food. Do I feel overwhelmed? Not yet.

14. Our kids are playing Wii this morning. Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

15. Jon says the next thing we need is a new controller. We are one short, according to Jon.

16. We always need something or other. Need. ha.

17. The half and half is almost gone, and we have nothing left for salads. So I am going to have to go shopping today. I think I shall look at my lists and get all organized and get going. blah. I just want to stay home and drink coffee and enjoy the kids.

18. Our van is a driving pig-pen again. We shall clean it out, and never eat in there again.

19. I got a hundred dollars for my birthday from Paul's mom. It is almost gone. Kids need money for camping trips and outings and blah, my birthday money is almost gone. I had big plans, too.

20. I hate that summer slips by so quickly. Summer is really my thing: unplanned, spontaneous, restful, low-key, exciting, and the kids are all here.

Camille finally woke up a few minutes ago. She wants to know where we are going today...

1 comment:

mommeeof10 said...

When we go camping, the kids take their school backpack packed with their clothes. I have them pack 3 outfits plus a sweatshirt and a pair of long pants. Most campgrounds have or are near a laundrymatt. Hubby, on the other hand, wants to take all the sports equipment and his Canoe, but usually will listen to me and only bring a kickball, a frisbee and maybe a wiffle ball with bat.