summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

sunburn, and a lovely morning....

sunburned again, will I ever learn?
up Evil Hill
the corn is getting tall
my shadow and Dum-Dum, as Paul refers to her
the road goes on
cornflowers
heading down the evil hill

Here are some things about today:

My face is nice and sun-kissed. ha. oops. I did apply sunscreen, just not enough. Or often enough. blah.

I have to take Camille to the dr. for a check-up, and lo and behold, I read in the morning paper that our pediatrician's dad just passed away. Will the dr. still be there this morning?

My weight is staying the same. That is better, I remind myself, than having it go up, but...(I had the thought run through my mind the other day, "She started eating normally again, and gained it all back." Does anyone else have a narrator in their minds sometimes?)(anyway, I decided NOT to listen to that, and to continue on my way, cheating here and there, but eating good and healthy, even if I stay the same forever, or until I depart this earth anyway, it is better than gaining it all back)

The Evil Hill has really lost it's evilness. I don't even realize I go up it anymore. I think I should tie Rosie to a tree and go up and down it like five times to get the effect it used to have.

I am glad to be home. Staying in the camper is fun and different, but whenever I get home I wonder why I wanted to leave in the first place. Wait, now I remember! I didn't want to leave, it was the kids...they absolutely love sleeping in that camper.

I know I am The Princess And The Pea when it comes to comfy beds, but my bed in the camper is SO terribly firm, my poor hips take turns aching all night long.

Our bed at home is a Sleep Number bed with not one, but TWO big soft polyester-filled bed toppers on top.

The new chair Emily got me for my birthday is worth it's weight in gold.

Summer is going to get busier for me. Our church summer conference is coming up, and who is going to buy food and candy and drinks for our grill? Uh-huh.

Since time refuses to stand still for me, it is getting time to get ready to take Camille to the dr. I used to be fantastically fanatical about making and keeping all those well-child visits. Now, I seem to fall behind on them. Am I seriously going to go to the doc ten times a year for the ones under 18, plus the dentist twice a year for all of them (that I do manage, mostly), plus the sick visits and the cavities...? I hate appointments in the summer. What a ruination of a perfectly sunny pleasant day.

I shall make the best of it though. One thing I learned from my mother was to make the most of things, it isn't about doing what you like but liking what you are doing. If I was to be miserable whenever I was doing something I didn't really want to be doing, I would be one grumpy mama.

Camille and I shall also go to Wegman's and get some food. Again. Someone ate it all. Again. Well, lots of someones.

Well, no more procrastinating, time to give some baths...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice break. I can so see the weight loss in your face, Congratulations once again, you are doing a FANTASTIC job!!!

Enjoy the summer days with your lovely troops.

16 blessings'mom said...

Why, thank you!