summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 1, 2011

where is my camera, and where are all the spoons?

Matched socks? I have to match socks in the summer? Are the towels all over the yard? Do the little girls HAVE to get clean undies on each time they dress from swimming in the pool? Do they have to change their cute little outfits, too?

For dinner tonight, we had Vidalia Onion Bubba Burgers, some leftover barbecued chicken from last night, warmed on the grill with the burgers, in the "burgery smoke", which made the chicken taste even better today than it did yesterday....we also had green pepper strips and baby carrots, fresh strawberries, and salad from our own garden: greens and radishes.

Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan spent the night at Emily's apartment last night. They woke up at six o'clock and ate all of her Pop-Tarts. She took them shopping and got them a large strawberry Coolata from Dunkin'Donuts. After swimming and playing all afternoon, they are ready for bed.

Paul got new sand for the sand box today. I guess the princesses didn't remember form last year that filling your bathing suit with sand isn't allowed.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and warm, ninety degrees. I am so thankful for our pool! I am ready to conk out too, between swimming and walking on the treadmill....I actually ran a bit too, but mostly walked so I don't trash my poor knees. But I walked FAST.

I put a huge load of socks in the wash, I feel like I accomplished something, even though I still have to dry them and...blah, match them. Really? blah.

Is my husband like other husbands? Well, here is what I mean:...sometimes he sees me, sometimes he doesn't. He is always kind to me, always good and responsible and gentle, but sometimes he looks at me like I am drop dead gorgeous, sometimes he actually listens to my grocery shopping stories and my accounts of the funny things the kids said....sometimes he can't seem to get close enough to me....I guess if he was like that all of the time, I would feel smothered....right?

I have a stack of library books, so part of me would like to retreat from this nice and pleasant summer, lock myself in my room, and read.....

well....it is getting to be bedtime, it is almost dark out....bed time for the little monkeys and princesses. Did I mention how nice it is to have them all around every day? It is less stressful, I don't have to fit in all my parenting in four hours a day....Charlotte Claire has been writing stories lately, she has a glue stick and a new package of construction paper...she glues all these sheets of paper together and writes these princess stories....mostly pictures, some random letters that she interprets for us. Camille copies her, and it is hilarious to hear her stories. They have also been playing with Playdough. They make cookies and cakes and houses and bugs and worms and pancakes....if they put the Playdough on their chairs and stomp on it, it really gets flat.

goodnight.

3 comments:

ccc said...

Oh, I hear you about the changing clothes after swimming. We have a pool too, and mine want to do that all day long!

cheryl said...

We had 2 of your nice girls at our house today.. Kathryn and Evelyn!!.. they sat in the sun, swam, and read.. I think they had a relaxing time.. hopefully not too boring!! Kathryn got darker, and I think Evelyn got a little red.. sorry.. they did use sunscreen!

mommeeof10 said...

Is your camera on vacation with mine? I haven't seen mine in months, thought the teenager who borrowed it is certain she put is back in my room.

The spoons are in the trash, buried in the sandbox, in a childs room or in a box of toys somewhere? Thats where ours usually end up. I've decided matching silverware is overrated. The only stuff I worry about is my great grandparents silver plate, that my great aunt gave me for a wedding present. The few spoons and 1 fork the kids lost I have gotten replacements for off of Ebay.

There is an Oneida dealer on ebay that sells the really heavy duty teaspoons for $1 each. I have bought 3 dozen in the last few years. LOL.