summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 22, 2011

tired

Yeah, I picked Mr. Norwegian Chocolate up at the airport last night, or rather this morning. He was too tired to talk much, so I filled him in on all the exciting things that have been happening here. Like Not Much.

I woke bright and early this morning, but couldn't start my day because I was a Nice Mom and let all the young children camp out in the living room last night. It was too hot in their rooms. I didn't want to wake them all up, so I tossed and turned, and fell back to sleep. I knew Paul's mom was going to come over, but he said she would call first. Well....she didn't.

I WAS going to get up and clean the house quick. I really was. But she came too early. The lazy part of me is a tiny bit glad. But the PRIDE part of me is very injured. Not just the big pile of camping supplies on the kitchen table, or the hundreds of pairs of shoes scattered in the doorway. Or the fact that the kids were all still lounging around in their makeshift beds in the living room. Or the coloring projects all over the kitchen table. Blah, ten or fifteen minutes of Panic Cleaning would have made all the difference. Oh well. Ouch. She DID tell me I look good, which was nice. I am not seeing it, I am just seeing that the scale is levelling off and blah, I want it to go down! Anyway, off on a tangent, it was nice to visit with her. We sat and talked while I pretended I wasn't mortally embarrassed about the house. She is a lovely woman. Grampa isn't doing too well these days, his short-term memory is going, and it is very stressful for her sometimes. She said, "I have no patience, and I know I have to change." That just made my heart rejoice because God gives grace to the humble. I am praying for her, that God will bless her and give her the patience she needs.

So...today I have to go get some drinks for the youth gathering tonight at my niece's house. No, I am not invited. It's a pity, all of my friends will be there.

It reached 101 yesterday. It is extremely hot again today. Our little window air conditioners are keeping us just cool enough.

Well, the day is going on, and here I sit. Places to go and things to do. Although I wonder why I should possibly clean the house now...

2 comments:

Martha said...

I will be praying for Paul's mom. I too struggle with having enough patience or sometimes any patience at all. It is a difficult spot to find oneself.

Still hot here too, of course. Mom did leave her windows closed today. I guess the signs are helping. Maybe tonight we will get some much needed relief and the house will actually cool off... It could happen...

16 blessings'mom said...

The good thing about seeing one's impatience is that then one is in position to ask of God, who hears our prayers. It is MUCH better than not seeing we lack it, and blaming it on everyone else. And yes, it COULD cool down tonight. The kids are asking to sleep in the living room again, which means party time 'til midnight, then up pretty early. But it is cooler in here.