summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2000th post....

And it ain't that exciting. Unless one counts going to Target as exciting. I did buy two new shirts for $3.24 each, a dress for six-something, and a sweater to match for $6. All for me. Then shoes for Kap and Evelyn, sneakers for Ev, and a few more clothes for Kap...and school supplies. And a new kindergarten nap-mat for Charlotte Claire. Jonathan's has a large tear so I was going to cover it with a nice quilted cover, but the teacher requested wipe-able vinyl, so I decided to spend the $8.99 and get her a new one, ouch.

I took the girls to Dunkin'Donuts, where I got my usual, coffee with lots of cream, they got frozen hot chocolate and a coffee milkshake, and some Munchkins (donut holes), I did not have even one. It hurt, but it did not kill me. Before you go thinking how much willpower I have, consider this: I had not one, but TWO servings of Evelyn Joy's birthday chocolate peanutbutter ice cream pie with hot fudge topping. Granted, the second helping, which was later in the evening when I served some to Tired Emily-The-Nurse, was much smaller, still. Today I decided to be careful.



Anyway, today I did not eat Munchkins.

Today I am not doing so well. I am bleeding alot. I cannot imagine a tiny little heart still beating through all of this. I sort of want to call dr. and see if I can come in sooner, but then I sort of don't want to...because I am pretty sure of what I am going to see and hear. Oh, just wake me up when it's over. My soul is grieved too.

Paul took some of the kids over to see his mom, it is her birthday. I bought her a dozen roses today, so they brought them with a card. I decided not to go, because I am visiting the bathroom too often. Evelyn asked me today why I had to go so often in the stores...talk about uncomfortable, walking around wondering if I was going to gush...blah.

Evelyn really needed a library book, so we stopped at a big nice library. She had to pay five dollars of her birthday money towards our $8.10 fine, racked up by some of Sam's World War II books I didn't know were still out. I just plain didn't have any cash...

I do have three books to read now. So...if I am missing in action for a few days, I am in my cave reading. ha, I wish!

Right now the house is quiet. Mirielle came home from college and went on a nice long run, Aaron is around here somewhere, as is Samuel. Joseph is at work, a temporary job setting up computers. So it is quiet and relaxing.

It will be interesting to find out if the little ones tell Gramma about the little baby they insist is still in my tummy. I didn't want to tell her until I heard some really positive news. Why get her upset and worried for nothing? But those little girls have big mouths.

When they talk about the baby, I just say, "we are not sure, guys, we will have to wait and see..."

But they are sure.

My sister is coming back from her camping trip in the Adirondacks tomorrow, finally.

The storm that passed through here on Sunday was officially a tornado, quite a strong one. Then there were tremors today from the earthquake centered in Virginia. Mali was in class, and the projector screen started shaking...

I didn't notice it. I mean, I live in a tornado/earthquake 24/7. I only notice things like calmness.

At the grocery store, there was a pizza/chicken wings special for $19.99. 40 wings and two large one-topping pizzas. I got one bacon, and one green/red peppers. Since I am not eating things like pizza today, I am sitting here just knowing it is out there on the table. The peppers one is especially calling me. I had some wings, I had a low-fat sugar free yogurt, I had grapes. But pizza, oh yum.

Habits are hard to break. When I sit here with my computer, I like to have something to snack on, a little treat. I don't let myself anymore, but I find myself looking for something. Thankfully we don't have any caramel creams or m&ms in the house.

Peace time is over....the kids are home.

5 comments:

Martha said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. My heart hurts too...

I smiled when I read your tornado/earthquake comment. I can imagine it all too well. Of course, there is something strangely energizing about a crowded house, especially if the crowd involves children. (I must remember this comment tomorrow...)

I missed the earthquake again. I suppose I was probably driving like the last time. You'd think I was out in the van all the time or something.

bzkdz said...

I'm so sorry for what you're walking through. I'm turning 49 soon.. and I have had 5 losses in the past 7 years. One of them while on a school trip to Disneyland for a cheerleading competition with my daughter. It is not something I would wish on anyone!

I am an online friend of Kim's.. I love reading your blog! I am a foster mother and currently have 7 kids.. 4 of my own (20, 18, 15 and 13 and then 3 little foster babies 3, 1.5 and 9 mo). Oh these are crazy days!

Anyway, Hugs!

ccc said...

thinking of you and praying, and i think going to target is super exciting esp when you leave with some great bargains

T.L. said...

still praying that the heartbeat greets you at the next doctor appointement. (((hugs)))

T.L. said...

still praying for you and that tiny little guy. I hope you can hear that heartbeat at the next appointment!!