summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

cuddly day at home


Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille Anaya, and Sonja Kathleen...it is rainy and dark and so cozy in here. They are watching, "Maisie".

The movers are supposed to be here any time now. I added a few things to Ben and Ashley's pile of boxes: a few new pizza pans, a big package of washcloths, and a portable gas grill. The kids wrote some notes and put them in a box, along with a baggy of candy.

Paul has another week off next week, he wants to build bunkbeds for Charlotte Claire and Camille. I, on the other hand, want to BUY bunkbeds for Charlotte Claire and Camille. I don't mean to be mean, but some people are carpenters and some people aren't. Plus, free time, vacation time, is so precious, why waste it making something you can just as easily buy?

Most of the kids know about the pregnancy now. Jonathan and the little princesses don't know yet, but that doesn't deter them, especially Jon, from talking as if it is inevitable we will have another baby one of these days. It is just the natural order of things to them. An unending stream of babies. As I tucked Char and Camille in last night, and helped Camille wrap her newborn dolly in an old recieving blanket, I got a flash of how much she would be fascinated by a real one. Even Jonathan has a baby, he says he is also pregnant. They handle their babies so tenderly, always supporting the heads. I was thinking I might have to take some of their dolly stuff back. All the little tiny onesies and sweaters...

We haven't even made our Summer Fun List yet. There are still things we want to do! Summer needs to slow down! I want to take the kids up to the lake for ice cream, and to the museum, and to a different beach far from here. They want to go to the museum of play again, and the State Fair is coming up.

Blah, the movers aren't here yet, I could have taken the morning ob appointment and gotten back by now. Oh well. I think they are here now..

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

i need to look through my stuff I may have one onesies that have not made it's way to the babydoll pile yet. I will look and see just remind me. I had to close down my blog, but you can email me.