summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 26, 2011

what will today bring?

Life being never dull, we just don't know. After all, there has been a tornado, an earthquake, and now we are bracing for the rains and wind of Hurricane Irene.

But since we don't live in the Carolinas or on Long Island, I am not too worried about that. In fact, the only thing I can think of right now is getting this dr. appointment out of the way and moving on with life. Yes, I have a tiny bit of hope that this is one of those unexplained bleeds, that there is a baby in there all snug and warm...but I know it just ain't gonna happen. At least I will be able to move on mentally.

Because I do want to get on with life. We were supposed to go bowling this week, and up to Lake Ontario to get ice cream and throw stones in to the water. We need to go to the library again with the little ones, and I still have a bit of back to school shopping to do, Samuel needs clothes. And I want to go to the fair. (Actually, I am hoping to be well and energetic by next week and perhaps go on the same day as Martha...and just happen to meet up somewhere sometime...)

This weekend my three older boys (Joe, Aaron, and Sam) will be going up to Ontario on a youth boys' camping trip with the boys from church. What fun they are going to have. Margaret, Kathryn, and Evelyn are going to a sleepover for youth girls at a friend's house, then a bunch of the girls are going to the fair tomorrow.

And here I am. How do I pass the hours until my appointment? Why in the heck am I so anxious about this? Truthfully, I do not feel like leaving the house. But I shall keep busy with these little guys, then shower up and go...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thinking of you so much! I almost want to stay up all night to wait for your update (I'm in Australia).. I hope in the a.m. I will check in and find out that it is indeed an unexplained bleed, and that bub is thriving away.. hugs to you! I'm nervous for you! Praying you get the news you are hoping for xo

Martha said...

We must make plans...

Karil said...

Thinking of you and praying all will go well.

Endo_Life said...

Thinking of you today x

Mary Kate said...

Praying for peace for you. Hugs.

ccc said...

I am on pins and needles for you too. Please post as soon as you feel up to it. God bless.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Thinking of you today. Lots of prayers that what ever happens that you be at peace.

Martha said...

Thinking about you tonight. Hoping you're okay.