summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

a few pictures

When I look at this picture, I don't feel sorry for myself. These two little princesses make life sweet.
Charlotte Claire in her cute new jammies
strange kids live here, and they use my camera
Miss Evelyn celebrates her 12th....be nice and don't notice the counter behind her...
someone has too much time on their hands
in the downstairs hallway with no power, waiting for the worst to pass through
The storm...the National Weather service officially named it a tornado, just west of here.

Jonathan is playing with one of his battery operated automatic Nerf guns, which drives poor Rosie insane. Camille's sliver came out all by itself, now she wants the surprise I tried to bribe her with when I wanted to try to get it out. She and Char are fighting over a particular Barbie this morning, never mind that they have like 50 of them.

It is cool and breezy this morning, only in the low seventies. Really quite nice, but nothing like last August, when we had our heatwave of upper nineties. Hardly seems like a whole year has gone by since I re-did our room while Paul was in India.

The New York State Fair starts tomorrow, I have a few tickets and am thinking of taking some kids. We don't do the rides, too expensive. The food is pretty costly too, but we get some 25 cent chocolate milk, and perhaps a $1 baked potato at the agricultural building. I haven't taken them in a few years, and I am not sure I am up to it this year. But it sounds fun. It always sounds fun, then we get there and it is hot and crowded and our legs get tired...

I actually got through the whole day yesterday with no regrets about anything I ate. I really think this miscarriage/questionable pregnancy has made it hard for me to stay on task, it is obvious that I not only enjoy food, but I am an emotional eater...poor me, what can I have? These last few months I have practiced not giving in to that, but this last week has been challenging. But I do not want to have to deal with re-losing weight, on top of all the other emotions here. So I shall fight that battle, and eat good things only.

It is getting crazy in here, so I better sign off.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Hannah and I plan to go to The Fair on student day (Sept. 2) when kids 16 and under get in free. We don't ride rides either, but like to have some ice cream or chocolate milk, play the player piano, see the sand and butter sculptures, let a calf suck our fingers, and hopefully, see some fun demonstration of one kid or another. I'm really a cheapo when it comes to The Fair.

Martha said...

So long as they get in free, maybe I'll let her bring a friend. ;)

Jennifer said...

hi! I have been out of the blogging world for a couple years but have recently started reading your blog again. I'm praying for you and your littlest one <3

cheryl said...

Your sister is officially back from the Adirondacks.. and we still have Margaret. As we were sitting here this evening, I asked her if she called you to let you know she'd be sleeping on Audrey and Ellen's floor, but she just shrugged. I guess she thinks you're smart enough to figure it out. By the way, she is a lot of fun, and she gets me.
Well, I've read your posts, and I'm hoping you get good news, but if you don't, you won't be hurting alone.