summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 8, 2011

okay, it is confirmed, I am pregnant.

I sort of already knew this. I went in for my nurse visit, got my pregnancy confirmed with a urine test, had my blood pressure taken (112 over 70, YAY!!!), then tried to convince the nurse that I cannot wait three weeks for an o.b. appointment to see how things are going. She said she does have an opening, for tomorrow morning, the one time I absolutely have to be home because of Ben and Ashley's moving truck coming. Blah. So wait I shall. It was rather funny though, this visit - I have never met this nurse, at this new office. She asked if it was my first pregnancy, and I said, "No." So, she asked what number it was. "Um, uh, number twenty-two", I said. I had to hand it to her, she did pretty well, but I saw the look on her face. I know what she's telling HER husband tonight. (get away from me. ha.)

Anyway, I don't know more than I knew yesterday, but I am okay with that. Part of me doesn't want to have lots of tests done and find out bad things, better to live in this hopefulness.

Dinner tonight: roasted garlic marinated chicken thighs, yellow squash with butter and lemon pepper, from our garden, salad with black olives and cukes/tomatoes from the garden. Then Pepperidge Farms cakes for Sam's 16th birthday for dessert. We cut each cake into sixteen pieces so everyone could taste each one. My favorite is the vanilla with coconut frosting. yummmmmy. I just have to be careful! I don't want to use pregnancy as an excuse to just eat.

I got some more school supplies today at the dreaded Walmart. And, I bought the first baby things....a pink striped onesie and a beige striped one, and a pair of blue pants that looks cute with either of them. $1.50 each. Couldn't help it.

Pregnant until proven otherwise, right?

Thank you sincerely for all the words of hope and encouragement, and for the prayers on my behalf. I know that God has been really good to me, I have no idea why He has blessed me so. I am thankful.

10 comments:

FLmom7 said...

I am so happy for you and praying for a healthy pregnancy. And, wow on the blood pressure, yay for taking care of yourself!

Liz Noble said...

Congratulations!
My mother had my baby brother at the age of 46. He says that he is the smartest one in the family. (Our family was a big Catholic family.) He is now a top engineer for a big US plane company. Makes the lawyers in our family look puny.
I am glad that your neighborhood will not be infiltrated by the racetrack. You and your family put a personal touch to the situation.
God is Good!

Anonymous said...

COngrats!!!! Just now seeing the news! I am very happy for you all and I pray this is a sticky pregancy. When are you due?

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

OMG congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need to read more. I am so happy for you.

Unknown said...

Congrats to you and your family!! I also enjoy my food more while pregnant! lol! Bad excuse hey! Looking forward to your updates Cheers Sue http://notenoughbutter.blogspot.com

DONNA BOGIE said...

That is very good news. I have to be honest though, im 46 and could not imagine having another baby at this point. But you sound so very excited so that is wonderful for you, to each his own i say ! :)

Anonymous said...

:D so happy for you! I've been quietly reading over hear and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for being so candid about your thoughts and struggles. It's encouraging to see how you take it all and good to see that there IS a struggle there, if you know what I mean. I recently had a am I pregnant/am I not thing here...so I sort of relate to some of what you've written. At least the I-just-want-to-know- part and NOT wanting to be tested in my faith/anxiety about it all...

jen said...

I am SO pleased for you. SO SO pleased. I will pray for you and your baby, and for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy. Wooo!

Enola said...

Congratulations! Prayers for you and the little one.

Regan Family Farm said...

Found you tonight by blog jumping...just found out yesterday that I still haven't passed the sac from my 9th baby (though it is getting smaller). I am also 46, so imagine how glad I was to find you the same age! Still praying for another...
blessings, Kathy