summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 9, 2011

9/11 conspiracies

I planned to take a cute little picture of my elementary kids with their red white and blue on today. All patriotic and sweet. But I forgot. Maybe because Mr. Swanson is so darn cute, and maybe because Rosie is so darned interested in Mr. Swanson, and maybe because I had to make sure the kids had their juiceboxes in their lunchboxes and their lunchboxes made it into their backpacks, and that Jonathan had an excuse for being absent yesterday....and maybe because I added blueberries to my oatmeal with crunchy peanutbutter with dark brown sugar and it was so delicious. Maybe because I read a hilarious email from my sister. So just believe me when I say they looked extra cute today.

I did ask Miss Char if the girls at school are nice to her and she said, "Yes, Mama, of course they are!" She finished her cereal and asked me if we had, "this much milk", measuring with her hands...she was fishing to see if she could have more. Occasionally they will ask for a cup, and if there isn't enough for breakfast, I say no. But this morning there was plenty, so I got her some, and she told me I was a Very Nice Mama.

Miss Camille is up now, and Kitty Kitten is so glad to see her! He is a little bundle of sunshine, he walked across my lap a minute ago purring...he is very busy, and when he saw Camille come out, he went prancing up to her...she is playing with a piece of yarn with him. Kittens really are hilarious, he does flips and tricks and is so curious and brave and stupid...he is not one bit afraid of Rosie.

Anyway...9/11. The things that happened that day are heartbreaking...but - if you look some things up about that day...like what happened to Tower 7 - it looked like a demolition. And did you know the towers had recently changed hands, and the new owner just insured them in July for big bucks, including Terrorist Insurance? There is so much corruption in this world. Men and their power and money. blah. It makes me feel sick. That being said, I do love my country. I love the people, the average people who work and pay their taxes and serve in the military and support the soldiers. I love the freedom that we still have to go where we please and say what we want. I love the huge variety of people here, and the huge variety of lifestyles and climates in this one country. I love that the kids in school still say the pledge of allegiance, including, "one nation, under God..."

Treadmill yesterday: shorter time, higher incline...wow. I have read that long cardio sessions aren't necessarily beneficial to one's heart. Shorter bursts of stronger exercise make more sense. And even though I ate so many chocolate covered raisins yesterday (if you live near a BJ's store, their brand 3 pound container...SO good, do not buy them unless you have more willpower than I do) Then, after eating really healthy all day except for those, I had some of those Haribo candy rasberries...one has 14 calories. Ten have...rats, too many. I am finding it is really hard to get that discipline back. Wait, WHAT discipline?

But all is not lost, in spite of my sweet tooth getting the upper hand, I did see a new number this morning which encouraged me to be better behaved today.

It must be the hard work on the treadmill.

What will today bring? I am tempted to take Camille to the pool again. Swimming is one of those exercises that feels so nice it doesn't seem like exercise.

We are out of bread. I went shopping yesterday, but forgot to buy some. We are always out of something. I am just Miss Organized. Paul called me that recently, and ouch. What about all the things I DO remember? I did get some things for magnificent salads, like real bacon pieces and fresh spinach and chopped romaine...yum. But I did forget to get more eggs.

Camille is sitting with me, with the sleeping kitten on her lap. Life is good. I do have lots of work to do today, and I have to take some seriously overdue books back to the library, and we need bread and eggs. But for this moment, aahh, life is good.

2 comments:

Martha said...

I am not sure I could resist another kitten if my big cats were to "leave" me. Kitties are just oh-so-much fun!

If it were not for all the multiculturalism surrounding 9-11, it would be a huge day to remember. It is still huge but I am saddened each and every time I see Islam included in the remembrances. Can't help it.

ccc said...

Your life is so similar to mine. I ALWAYS forget something from the store even if it is written on a list.
And, it is frustrating that husbands and children will point out what you didn't do and not all the trillion stuff we DID do!
Christina