summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 23, 2011

autumn...what will it bring?

For some reason, I find the fall rather frightening, and not because of Halloween. When the shadows are so long, and the wind blows, it is like the foreboding of the cold to come...

I survived Mali's driving, but barely. She almost killed us a few times. STOP means STOP!!! Red light, stop..."I am, Mom!" NOW, just STOP...blah. I told her later that it is nothing personal, I just didn't want to die. It does take some driving experience to know whether to speed up or slow down at a yellow light. I know you are SUPPOSED to slow down, but I interpret it as, "Hurry up and get through this light before it turns green". Anyway, she didn't cry, and didn't kill us, so it went well. She just needs more experience, so I guess I need more gray hair.

We did have our fun though. We wandered through Marshall's and Fashion Bug without buying anything, and went into the pet store without buying a cute little puppy or a guinea pig. Then we went to lunch at the Chinese buffet...I didn't really want to, for obvious reasons, but I have been promising Mali a trip there and it just seemed right. Camille really thought it was fun. She didn't stop talking the whole time about how good it was and how we should, "always come here when we go shopping, pinkie promise, Mama?" It was good for me to realize that just because I was paying $5.25 for my lunch didn't mean I had to eat my money's worth. I had only chicken, and a taste of the noodles and rice, and oranges for dessert with my tea. Okay, I tasted some of Camille's desserts, yum. But it was enough. I couldn't do that every day, but I didn't totally sabotage myself, either.

Then we went grocery shopping to get the soda for the grill, lots and lots and lots of it...then to Walmart to get the rolls for the burgers. The hot dog buns were too much, I knew they are cheaper at BJ's, so we went there next...they had a coupon for $2.50 off two jars of Nutella, so I HAD to get some of that. And some muffins because I knew Abigail was coming over for dinner and I like to send her with something for the next day.

Dinner was quick and easy...I bought some frozen chipotle chicken mini-tacos, they were clearanced for $5 a box....60 per box. I made a huge salad for myself with spinach and no dressing. After that lunch, I couldn't just eat a regular dinner. I fit in giving Rosie-The-Bad-Dog a nice bath, she smells good now and her white fur is back to white again. Then I made popcorn for the little kids to have during story time...the older kids were at soccer, the college kids doing homework...but who ate most of the popcorn? Blah! I wish I could just take my desire for food out like it was a couple of double A batteries...blah.

But today is a new day, and I shall have no popcorn. Paul is coming home, and I want to clean this house up. I haven't had much help from anyone around here this week with all the soccer practices, and I haven't done as much because I have been gone alot...

I let Jonathan stay home today because it was his turn to sleep in my big comfy bed last night, and he brought a truck in with him that kept turning on...and he kept kicking me, and, he cried in his sleep..oh my goodness, we were awake so much I thought I would just let him sleep in and have a day off.

And those are the boring details of my life...