summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 10, 2011

nice quiet morning, HA

I made omelets. Everytime I was sure I could go ahead and make mine, another kid would wander in and say, "sure, I'll have one..."

Everyone is still here, but we are going in different directions today. Paul and some of the older kids are going to the Carrier Dome to do fundraising at concessions for the football game...Jon is going to the laundrymat with Abigail to wash stuff for the church, cleaning cloths, ect. Evelyn and Kathryn are going to dinner at our friend Rachael's house. Whoever is left here (I think Mirielle and Mali and Margaret and Suzanne and Sonja and Charlotte Claire and Camille) are going apple picking with me.

But for now, it is busy here. They have been playing legos, and now some are having lunch, some breakfast.

I started crying last night out of the blue...Paul and I were watching a movie, and a pregnant woman was talking about her unborn baby, what color to paint the nursery. I shouldn't feel empty when I am obviously so full...but I do. There are so many distractions here, so many kids to hug and talk to and teach and discipline and laugh with...but it is still there. I do feel very bad and sorry for all the women who go through this who don't have all these things to comfort. It is just plain hard. Sad, heartbreaking, and hard. Last time I miscarried, two years ago, I would have been due at the same time as a few of my nieces...this time I would have been due just after a different few of them. Seeing those babies will surely make me cry, although I do not have any jealousy or hard feelings, and am happy as can be for my sister and her family. It is just hard.

Does anyone think the kitten really wants to dance with Sonja?

Aaron made M&M chocolate chip cookies after I went to bed last night. Yes, I had one this morning before my walk. Just to fool my metabolism a bit. That works, right?

I taught Suze how to make a giant pot of coffee this morning. She then felt entitled to have a cup. Since I am so nice, I let her, but only a small amount.

My own cup is now empty, and I have to get up and get moving. There is so much to do and it is a lovely day out there.

We had a fire last night with the kids, roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. I had one marshmallow, roasted perfectly by Jon, who loves to roast them. He knows how to make sure it is cooked all the way through, then slightly burnt...he likes to make them so much he kept offering me more...

Yesterday my sister-in-law and I went for a small shopping trip. She has twelve kids and just brought her youngest, who is four - a little boy named Sean. He and Camille enjoy each other. It was strange to go in her car though, just two car seats in the back...wasn't too many years ago we would go with seven or eight or nine kids between us who weren't in school yet.

Well....the day is marching on...

No comments: