summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 17, 2011

apple pie day!

There are four apple pies in the oven. I always forgot how long it takes to make apple pies. Peeling the apples and mixing the sugar/cinnamon/flour, making the crust...rolling it out. I did have help, but the wrong sort of help. The two little princesses and Jonathan rather hindered the process, yet they enhanced it at the same time. (Emily took Suzanne and Sonja shopping, Abigail took Kathryn and Evelyn apple picking, Samuel is at Nate's house, Margaret is at my sister's house, leaving me here with Paul and the three youngest, and the four college students...Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, and Mali. Joe and Aaron both requested apple pie, it must be the weather, cool and crisp...)

So...the college students have been in their rooms doing homework all day, and are just emerging to have some snacks. I just sat down after getting those pies in the oven and washing all the dishes...I sat down with some coffee, and my favorite yogurt special: light rasberry yogurt with blueberries, nuts, and a handful of chocolate chips...

Our living room is filled with toys today. More than usual. Because of the chilliness outside, they have been playing mostly in here. There are four dollhouses set up, and a waffletown city, plus some Barbies. They went out to swing for a bit, and are back in here....

So basically nothing exciting is going on around here. Oh, the scale is back down again, which is sweet! We went to the pool last night, and I ran a little tiny bit again today...

Abigail is sitting here talking to me, so I am distracted.

No comments: