summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

all is well in the big crazy house

Miss Camille is going to be four years old in a few weeks. Since her Grandma is leaving for Florida today, she got her gift from her yesterday. She got a mermaid Barbie and three new outfits for her! She was so surprised and pleased, jumping up and down, I think Grandma got her money's worth. I know I like to give gifts that are so appreciated.

Of course the two little princesses begged to take a bath, so they could try her out...so I let them, after dinner. They stayed in there for like an hour, getting nice and prune-y...they also got out and to get things they remembered they needed while they were in there, and got the hall carpet all wet....

Yesterday Margaret stayed home from school for some good reasons...but she was well enough to go shopping with me. She had been to the mall with Joseph and Aaron and Mali and Evelyn on Sunday, but only had five dollars. She found a sweater and a skirt really cheap that she wanted...(Joe offered her money, but she declined, nice girl that she is...)so I took her back there and she ran in and picked them out...I also picked up a few adorable spring-y dresses from H&M for the princesses for $5 each. I also got myself a few new jean skirts in smaller sizes...and I can get them on! They look horrid, but still, there is hope.

We then got fruit and yogurt parfaits from McD's, (and some fries for Marg and Camille to split, I had only one!)....the to the dreaded Target. We didn't get much, just some much-needed leggings for the girls...when one has six girls attending school in a cold weather climate, one needs to provide leggings if those girls wear skirts to school. I also got Jonathan a pair of jeans which were thankfully half price, a Christmas present for Mirielle, and a four dollar shirt for Miss Marg.

The grocery store....I bought myself some cranberry Sierra Mist diet soda...helps satisfy me when I want good stuff...I also bought some really good black seedless grapes, and some pistachios. Good stuff.

While we were grocery shopping, a girl who works there and was off duty came up to us in the aisle and took her hair out of the ponytail to show me her new haircut. She had had long hair all her life, but was getting headaches, so she had it cut shoulder length. She is such a sweet girl, I have talked to her there for years...Margaret was wondering who she was, and when I told her she was a girl who worked there...hmm. But Margaret, I tell you, these people are my friends! Life is too short to just move through it without connecting to people. (I was dissapointed yesterday because my cashier was having a bad day or a bad life, or she just plain didn't like her job...)(and she put the expensive ($1.99 a pound!)grapes on the bottom of the cart!)(and put the cold things right in the bags with the warm things).

Today I should stay home...but I might not. My sister has to go to the small city today, I might just go with her and go to Kohl's...they had these really nice sandals for two bucks, and I accidentally bought a huge pair...I want to exchange them or at least get some smaller ones if there are any left...

And it sounds like much more fun to go and spend a few hours with my sister than stay here and clean, again...life IS short, right?

No comments: