summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 20, 2011

to the dr. again??

Yesterday, day two of driving to the small city to see dr. G., Margaret had her knee evaluated. Rest, ice, strength exercises, swimming, and more Omega-3's were recommended. (I was just glad surgery or physical therapy weren't recommended)...Kathryn went with us too...she has Ben's old ipod, and she texted me from school and asked me to please pick her up. (One time Aaron texted me this, and I called the school and said I was coming to get him because he didn't feel well. The nurse asked me how I knew this, and I blew it by saying he texted me. Not allowed!) If you want to have some fun but spend to much money, take Kathryn and Margaret shopping. Kap needed sneakers, so we went to Kohl's. I won't say how much they were, but she promised to wear them forever and ever and to not grow out of them. Margaret found two shirts for under four bucks each. I tried on a pile of stuff, but didn't like any of it on me.

I took the Two Spoiled Girls to McDonalds and let them get Caramel Frappes, super yummy, I had a taste of Margarets. I enjoyed my regular hot coffee with cream...and a fruit and yogurt parfait. I did not have even one fry! I should lose an automatic ten pounds for that!

We went to the dollar store....hair things and these 10 ounce packages of mini muffins, and some dog treats...then to BigLots where we stocked up on undies and hair stuff and some sun lotion for our trip...Margaret found perfume she just had to have for three dollars, and a watch marked half off, she really needed it! I told her I would get them for her, but she had to remember on her birthday that I already got her some things...

It is fun to take just a few kids out with me at a time, to spoil them a bit and talk to them.

I had made three pans of meatballs before I left, so I called while we were shopping to have Mirielle put them in the oven. But the time I got home, they were done..we put away stuff, Paul came in the door, and I left with Margaret, Suzanne, and Sonja for the pool.

Today is school picture day at school. I usually only buy the kindergarten pictures, but this year there is a special for siblings, 50% off, so I ordered some for Jon and Sonja too. One of these days I will get all those kindergarten pictures out and put them in a frame...ha. I am so behind on all these things. Drawers full of pictures not in albums, and lately, pictures on the computer and not even hard copies. When Camille goes to school and has to bring in a baby picture of herself, I will have to print one up.

Okay...I cannot give advice on how to lose weight, because I am no expert. As soon as I start being confident in it all, I find myself plateauing and whining about it again. But one thing I have found a huge help: KNOW it will happen. Envision the end result, and grab hold of that image, and have confidence that no matter how many mini setbacks or major ones, it WILL happen. That pregnancy and baby loss sidetracked me bigtime. It was very mental too, I felt entitled to eat more because I was suffering enough. I was aware of it, but didn't fight too hard because I was too sad. Thankfully I didn't gain any weight back, but I had like two months of staying the same. I am finally seeing the scale move downward again, and I like it! I am almost afraid to get too happy about it, afraid it will get stuck again!

I am going to make room in today's menu for a pumpkin ice cream cone, pumpkin/french vanilla twist. I can't get it out of my mind...I am picking some kids up early from school and heading there to celebrate our three day weekend! Tomorrow is staff development, no school.

So I remind myself to be careful about eating things I really don't want anyway, so I can fit in things I really DO want, like soft pumpkin ice cream. I know I am a loser, but I can't wait!

Ha, I was just thinking I can almost actually smell the pumpkin, but it is the natural flea remedy we use on Kitty Kitten, smells like cloves.

I have a new addiction, somebody stop me! I bought a third bathing suit on ebay! this one was only seventy five cents. Yes, one quarter less than a buck. Plus six bucks to ship, but still. I don't know if they will all fit or flatter, but it is fun.


I can just hear Paul..."Why do you need so many bathing suits?" Well, if you have to ask, you won't understand. Especially when you can just put on your navy blue Walmart trunks and look fine and dandy.

I am so excited about our trip, but I am glad it is six weeks away because the anticipation is half the fun. I am wondering if I should try to fit in tanning this year....it is also fun and exciting and yes, I know it is not healthy...but is it healthy to flash my shockingly white thighs to the whole Jamaica?

Having a kitten in the house is so much fun. He sleeps in the bean bag chair, and the kids always scoop him up when he is sleeping so they can cuddle him. Right now Camille is rocking the beanbag and singing, "Rock-a-bye-baby" to him, he is purring. He is either really stupid or really nice. He purrs so loud in the morning when I get up, and it isn't just for food, he wants to be picked up and carried around while I make coffee...

Oh, I might have to take Sonja to the dr. She has had a rash on her legs, and some of the little bumps are getting infected...she has had it before, dr. said strep germs can get in the skin...I don't know why she gets it, but it is bothering her and the triple-antibiotic ointment isn't healing them up, so she may need an oral antibiotic....fun, three days in a row to the dr. Unless I make the appointment for tomorrow when they are home from school and take them ALL with me...hmm.

The couch monster is growing again. There is always something to do around here, for all the effort I put in one would think it would be cleaner. Maybe today I won't let myself get so distracted by Kitten and Rosie and the magnet letters on the 'fridge....

4 comments:

true blessings said...

Hi Darla ..and when do we get some update pics of you ? :)

Virginia Revoir said...

Can I ask how much weight you have lost? I love hearing about weight loss from people. ;) My mother-in-law lost 85lbs and I'm so happy for her because she's tried so many things and it wouldn't work out. When I was trying to lose weight, it was coming off so very slow. I know what you mean about hating that plateau.

ccc said...

I am excited right along with you for your trip! What a great deal on the bathing suit.

Allison said...

that whole 'automatically losing 10 pounds' plan sounds divine! ... so does the pumpkin/vanilla twist, i think about it everytime i drive through town! :)