summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 23, 2011

oh, kitty kitten....

Kitty Kitten is going to be okay, I think. He has had us scared. Yesterday...he got in a fight with a wire clothes hanger. Joseph and Mali were in the middle of switching bedrooms, and there was a hanger on the floor...Joseph had to pull it out of Kitten's mouth...the stupid kitty had the whole end of the hanger in there, and the end was stuck...poor Kitten. He was bleeding out his nose, and I thought he was going to die. He gagged and heaved, and wouldn't eat or drink. I fed him drinks of water with a medicine syringe all afternoon, then a little while ago..he came meowing...I scooped him up, he purred...I gave him his food, and surprise surprise, he ate some! He has been very low key, but I think he will be okay...phew. I love the little guy!

I took today off from exercise, except for my walk with Rosie. It was hard, I kept finding myself really jumpy, and wanting to move. Is this really me?

I also had some ice cream after dinner, as per my Ice Cream Diet, ha. I had eaten very cleanly today, so I felt fine having it. Dinner: chili with hot sausage in it, made by Mirielle...very spicy and good...and a huge plate of salad with no dressing (I rarely eat dressing, don't really like it.) The kids had some rice with theirs, and some corn and some apple sauce too.

One guy I read about eats cleanly every day, except for Saturdays...he eats anything he wants to and keeps his metabolism fooled. I am afraid to do that, I would probably gain five pounds from one fun day. But it WOULD be fun....hmm, perhaps on Camille's birthday I shall have a huge piece of Princess Cake....

This morning's number on the scale was YIPPEE for me. Fun fun fun seeing those numbers go down. It seems realistic to lose another ten pounds before our trip, and I really want to. I love having a motivation like Jamaica and those new bathing suits!

Paul is going to Ireland next month, wah. I do get to be the boss of the house for a week though, ha, as if I am not already. He is such a good guy, he is strong and calm and responsible, and if I have a different opinion on how something should be done, it is fine with him. We usually agree on the important things. The only good part about him going is that I miss him so much when he is gone, and anticipate his coming home so much. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, they say.

Next week is Trick Or Treat, again, which we totally enjoy. Some people don't embrace Halloween because of the evil roots...we didn't always take the kids out for candy...but we do now. Because it is all how you look at things. I see people who enjoy giving the candy, who put their heart and soul into making their house fun, and seem to like seeing the children happy. A few years ago, a young boy, probably twelve or thirteen years old, had a scary mask on, and Charlotte Claire backed away...this kid took off the mask and smiled at her, told her not to be scared, he was just a kid with a mask on...I just thought that was so kind of him. Anyway, we have too much fun on Halloween. Emily doesn't have to work that night, and is going with us.

A whole entire week of school ahead of me...blah.

One thing I am entirely excited about: my niece is pregnant, she is a teacher, is going back to work...and I told her I would LOVE to watch that baby for her if she needs me...we talked about it, and she just might need me! Isn't that exciting? I told her that she wouldn't have to worry about me putting him in a seat on the counter and letting him fuss while I got things done, no sir, I would hold him and rock him all day long, babies come first, always. I can just picture Camille climbing up and snuggling, too. I am so so excited! Yes, I used the word "excited" three times.

It is quiet in here, and I am tired...another day of cleaning up messes (nothing like a crisp autumn day for playing with playdough!), doing laundry, church, helping with homework, refereeing fights, encouraging kids and helping kids and talking to kids and hugging them and praying with them and listening to them...

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Your niece is one lucky girl!! To have someone so loving & experienced offer to care for her baby!!

Ali said...

Soo glad kitty kitten is safe and sound. Poor gal :(