summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 2, 2011

pictures of a cozy sunday...

well, not actual pictures, since I haven't taken any today...

Sonja K. is working on her solar system project. So the princesses are working on THEIR projects, which involve painting with watercolors and cutting things and using markers. Suze is out there too, cutting things out. Jonathan is wandering around with a pair of walkie-talkies, thrilled to have found both of them. He has a nice big package of batteries, too. He says walkie-talkies are better than cell phones because they are free to use, except for the cost of the batteries, and you don't have to, "keep track of text messages".

Football is on the t.v., at low volume thankfully. Dinner is in the oven, meatloaf and real mashed potatoes. I made peeled 15 pounds of them yesterday, so there are leftovers. We are also having steamed cauliflower and mixed veggies, then Mirielle made vanilla cakeballs with chocolate frosting for dessert.

I really like the cloudy overcast weather, I don't know why. It seems to make it cozier in hear. We have a crib mattress in the middle of the living room floor for the kids to jump on. It wasn't on purpose, it was on it's way out the door but the kids intercepted and found it was like a little trampoline. Right now I appreciate anything they can do to get some of their energy expended. It isn't lovely to have in here, but it has a purpose.

I wish I wish I wish my hot tub was fixed, it provides something fun to do on those freezing winter evenings when there is no other reason to go out the door. Sitting there in the steam looking up at the stars, or in the falling snow with the kids splashing around talking about their days is so nice.

Tomorrow I am going over to a friend's house for lunch. She has fourteen kids, 10 still at home. She is not working now because she broke her ankle a few months back and still isn't healed up well enough, so she is just home...so four or five of us from church are going over to visit with her tomorrow.

Well....dinner is served, but not without me. The Mom needs to get out of her chair...it does smell yummy in here...

1 comment:

Martha said...

I like cloudy overcast day too, especially when I have a chance to sit around and be lazy, which doesn't happen often enough... Okay, so maybe it does.