summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

cozy dreary day

I have said good morning and good bye to Paul and the college kids, and the eight school kids. I have said good morning to Kitty Kitten by giving him food and water and some snuggles. I have said good morning to Rosie by taking her for a nice brisk walk in the dark, we even ran a little bit on the way back, her favorite. I have not yet said good morning to Miss Camille. So it is quiet in here. Kitty Kitten and Rosie have already romped and chased and played, Kitty is sleeping in the bean bag chair a few feet from Rosie's cage, where Rosie is taking her morning nap.

So it is quiet in here. I have finished my oatmeal with crunchy peanutbutter and blueberries, and am enjoying my coffee. I would really like to go back to bed. I still feel lousy, not horrible, just moderately ill, like I am fighting something off. Does that mean I don't have to wash last night's pans that didn't get done? Do I get a pass from laundry and sweeping the floor?

I am picking Margaret up from school early today to go to the dr., same office as yesterday. Hopefully her knee is not something serious. I have been putting it off, bringing her in for it...then I remembered our friend Page, who complained of leg pain...her mom was almost embarrassed to bring her to the dr. for it, thought it was nothing, and it was bone cancer. (she was 8 years old, she is well now and in college).

It's just that I am The Complaint Department around here. Sometimes I tell them that I am Closed, but they proceed to tell me anyway...

In the weight loss department: I have finally got those numbers going down again! I think it is being more strict with carbs, and going to the pool in addition to exercising during the day. I am just plain not one of those women I read about on Shapefit Success Stories, the kind who just start walking and eating right and BAM, lost a hundred pounds in eight months. It is really really hard, but I am so motivated to stick with it. It feels good to move, and I still can't believe it is ME saying that, ME, the Queen Of Laziness.

Now if I can just stay out of the snare of all things baked and fried...mostly baked.

Miss Camille is up, she seems a little better this morning. Bright eyed and bushy tailed. She has her new pumpkin cup, filling it with ice and water from the front of the 'fridge.

I have bought two new bathing suits from ebay. The one I bought yesterday was only $15! plus shipping, like seven dollars. Still not bad. I waited until the last little bit and outbid the other bidder, and won, how fun is that? I just don't know if they will fit...I hope so, they are so nice. I reasoned that as long as we are taking the plunge and actually going to Jamaica again, I may as well splurge on nice suits that fit.

Camille has her snuggie on, her Princess Snuggie, and she is snuggling with me...so I shall sign off....

1 comment:

Martha said...

I'm glad your smallest princess is feeling better today. Antibiotics work wonders for ear infections. Without them there would be much pain and many sleepless nights.

Since our trip to NY is now over by a month and I have had little to no occasion to chase around anyone but children, I am back to my regular lazy feeling self. Blah.

I hope Margaret's knee pain solution is simple. like rest and elevation or something.