summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 17, 2011

jump!

This may not sound like a big deal, but I jumped to day! I really did! I tried it, and up I went! And back down, with some jiggling, but we won't talk about that. I jumped forty times, took a rest, did it forty more, then forty more. One hundred twenty jumps. Then the few I showed Sonja, who laughed at my tummy shaking, and a few for the girls when they got home from school, who didn't really see what the big deal was.

There is pizza dough rising on the counter, brownies in the oven (why do I do this to myself?), and a pot of half-caff coffee perking. I already have mine. Emily is on her way, she picked up some kids from school because she has the day off. Wonder if she would like to make four pizzas whilst I sneak away to the pool?

The kids are microwaving some of those giant pretzels, yum. I shall not have any. I had a lowfat sugar free vanilla yogurt with ten chocolate chips and some sunflower seeds sprinkled on top. It is no brownie, but it will do.

The brownies are beginning to smell wonderful. Even if I don't eat any, I do like the warm cozy smell...and I will have a bite of the crunchy part, my favorite.

I bid on a swimsuit on Ebay, and won it. ha, "won". Purchased, rather. I hope it fits. I did buy two last year for the Dominican Republic trip...but...one is a bit faded and a bit baggy, not at all flattering. The other one isn't too great either. I figure if the new one doesn't fit, I can re-sell it on Ebay. And get another one.

So yes, I am still excited about going to Jamaica. It is a great motivator to exercise. There is only so much weight I can lose in six weeks...like none, if we are going on what I have lost in the last few weeks...but I can tone up and get in better shape at least. Yesterday and today I have done well eating "cleanly". I just have to remember that it will be nice to go anyway, whether I lose more weight or not, I had "tons" of fun last year and the year before, ha.

Sonja K. did not go to school today. I was not happy about it. She insisted she didn't feel well. She was slow, and whiny. After the bus came and went, she started playing Store with Camille...she seemed fine to me. Camille LOVES having her home to play with. There are cash registers and grocery bags all over still, but the put all the food they were playing with back in the cupboards.

Rats, that yummy brownie-baking smell just turned into that yucky brownie-burning smell. I am so forgetful from one moment to the next. oops. Ha, easier to resist now.

One of my girls likes to play with matches. She likes to light candles and play in the wax. I do too, so I don't blame her. I let her do it, too. It has to be at the kitchen table, and I have to be there. The other day I taught her how to play gin rummy while she conducted experiments involving making wax sculptures from dumping hot wax into cold water. I figure it is one of those things I should let her do in a supervised environment rather than forbid it and have her hide and burn the house down. My little brother had a fire fascination when he was about ten, so when we were at camp, my mother had him burn the papers every day, as if it was a job...I think his fascination waned by the end of that one summer...

So..I cannot think of anything else to write. Strange for me? I should just go and talk to the kids anyway...

3 comments:

Martha said...

Sometimes I tell myself to inhale deeply and just enjoy the aroma of whatever yummy thing is cooking. It works rather well as long as that delicious thing remains in the oven. Pumpkin pie doesn't call my name, it screams.

ccc said...

Ha, we have a son who likes matches and burning. Good for him that we live out in the country and do our share of burning grass,shrubs etc. I agree with the supervised experimenting instead of hiding it somewhere.

Mom said...

Oh I hate it when I forget the brownies! I do that alot with cupcakes. :-( That was excellent advice about the wax/burning thing. I had just been thinking about that. I will have to write that one down somewhere to remember for when I need it!