summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

staying home day...

Kitty Kitten is driving Rosie crazy, jumping and pouncing. Camille is playing school/office, she has eight "dollars" that Suzanne made, she keeps counting them...she has a toy computer, a little desk made of an empty plastic drawer upside down,her pillowpet for a chair, and a cup full of pencils. She has 24 dollars now, she says. Never a dull moment with Miss Camille around...

This morning as I looked at her sweet little face as she ate her cereal at the little table, I thought, "What am I going to do? All my little ones are growing up!" I just enjoy them so much. They are hilarious. They are sweet. The other night Camille was very put out that I made her pack it in and go to bed, she just had way more playing to do...so when she said her prayers, she prayed, "God, help Mamma not to be so mean making me go to bed and yelling at me..."(I did NOT yell at her!)

It is chilly and dark and rainy, a pumpkin pie baking day if there ever was one.

Perhaps I really will stay home today. Except for later, Charlotte Claire has a pumpkin in school she wants to bring home, and is not allowed to bring it on the bus. She wants me to come get her and the pumpkin...

It was fun to spend the day with my sister yesterday. We went to Kohl's, I got my sandals, and a skirt for Margaret for Christmas, and some sandals for Charlotte Claire for next spring. (I am sometimes reminded of Laura Ingalls Wilder's story, "Farmer Boy"...Ma in that book said, "The rich get their ice in the summertime, and the poor get theirs in the winter.") Because we get our sandals in the fall, and our coats and boots in the spring...

We next went to a grocery store where I bought five Milka chocolate bars for a buck each, yummy, they are SO loudly calling me. I will crack them out when lots of kids are around though! I also bought two really good dessert shells, shortbread like cake, for a dollar each. We put vanilla yogurt and frozen strawberries and coolwhip on one after dinner last night, oh so good. (our dinner was good too, chicken breast baked in Carribean Jerk sauce, asparagus, salad with peppers, tomatoes and black olives, applesauce, rolls with butter, or fajitas)

Camille told me while we were walking by the bulk candy that if SHE were a Mama with a little girl, she would let her little girl get some candy. Two kinds. So I let her pick a few pieces.

We then went to Walmart, where we sat in Subway and split a sub. Camille got an Icee and two cookies, and a bite of my sub. She didn't finish the cookies, they are still wrapped up in my purse, I sure hope she eats them soon. The Icee was a real treat for her, she saw no need for cookies or anything else.

Walmart was fun...I found myself a bra for $6, a smaller size than all my other ones which are starting to be too big. I didn't realize it would be such a pain to lose weight. I know, it could be worse, I could be gaining weight, but still. Replacing all my nice bras? I have like a dozen in all colors that I really like! I bought new undies in the summer, and they are baggy too. I am all set with a whole bunch of nice undies, and I have to buy new ones? aah, life is good.

Our trip, I am so excited about it!!!! It will come and go quickly, but the anticipation is wonderful! So much for not going and buying new clothes...ha. I got three new dresses at Target for 75% off, and a new top and skirt and a white sheer shirt to wear over the bathing suits...all cheap, of course. But still. I couldn't wear my last year's stuff though, it was too big. Wow, I love to say that. But it is not all fun, some of the stuff I really liked.

Not that I have reached my goal, no I have a ways to go. If determination alone could drop pounds, I would be my high school weight by now. But no, it is work and work and work...and when I am really strict, it seems like all I have to do is eat one bad thing and I gain a pound back...isn't there some magic formula?

Thinking about Jamaica is all well and good, but there are plenty of things around here to think about too. For instance, this Saturday night is a Halloween party for all the girls at church, even the moms. Dressing up is optional, ha, like I would pass up a chance to dress up! Emily came over last night and helped Suzanne and Sonja get their costumes ready...(Suze is going as Carl from the movie, "Big Fish", it is where she got her nickname of Carl, and Sonja is going to be Fancy Nancy)...I have to make a healthy snack/entree for that party, then a dessert for the Sunday Fall feast at church that is for everyone. Then Monday is real Halloween, Emily and Abigail are going with us Trick-or-Treating. Fun times.

Emily is a riot. She came over lat night and talked to the kids and listened to them and gave them hugs and attention...they tell her about the books they are reading and the dreams they had....she is such a blessing. She and Abigail are like the Pied Pipers when they walk in.

Yesterday I skipped out on all my work and had fun with my sister. Would it be really nice and clean in here right now if I had stayed home? Probably. Yes, probably. ha.

At any rate, it is NOT nice and clean in here, so I have my work cut out for me.

4 comments:

mom of 7 said...

Im new to your blog and i just love reading it! I have seven kids a 9 year old girl 7 year old boy 6 year old boy with autism 3 year old boy/girl twins and twin boys who just turned one ( i thought you should know a little about me since i read so much about you and your family) anyway congrats on your weight loss :)
Rachel

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi Rachel. Your life sounds pretty busy, to say the least! You should write, too! In your spare time, right?

Martha said...

You undergarment story made me smile. My mom got new bras this summer, nice ones. I liked them so much I sprang for a pair of my own. (They were expensive...) Last night I realized one of my pricy new bras had gone AWOL and I had a pretty good idea where it was hiding. Luckily (I guess), she has lost weight and wears a smaller size while I have gained weight and wear a bigger size. (Is that good or bad? I guess it all depends on the size, eh?) Anyway, I found it tucked in her undie/jammie drawer, hiding in with the socks. (Do you think anybody cares?)

Ali said...

Sounds like you've gotten lucky with some deals on clothes!!! I LOVE a good deal. Good luck with the weight loss!!!