summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 4, 2011

aaah, friday!!!

All the kids went to school. The three youngest went out the door with a skip in their step because:

1. I made their lunches, complete with CapriSuns, and homemade Rice Krispie treats.

2. I gave them ice cream money.

3. And, Emily is picking them up to spare them from the long and awful bus ride!

Plus, Charlotte Claire is bringing a whole bunch of Krispie treats for her class for snack. Granted, her snack day WAS yesterday, of course, but..she had been absent, and didn't get the November snack list until Wednesday...and I didn't see it Wednesday night...so her teacher told her yesterday that I could still send something in today. That's me, a day late and a dollar short, forever and ever.

But the kids are happy today.

I need to go wrap up the rest of the treats and put them out of my sight.

Today the scale was up over a pound from yesterday, which does happen, but blah, I was good yesterday. Except for cleaning off the spoon a bit...and scraping the pan a bit...oh heck, how many calories do Rice Krispie treats have?

Mirielle, Margaret, and I did make it to the pool for a little swim again, which was nice.

Also took Mali driving yesterday. Found out she checks the blog to see what I have said about her driving, oops. So I told her that I might not have mentioned it on here, but I love those days of spending time with her. I look forward to Thursdays. And I do hate riding with a child learning to drive, but it is nothing personal, Mali! She is actually doing quite well. I put my invisible brakes on like fifty times yesterday, but that is because I am old, and I am nervous, and I am afraid of rear-ending other vehicles, not because she waits until the last minute to slow down. hmm.

We went to Target, where I got some Christmas presents. And, at least five Halloween costumes marked down 70%off...I might get them out for Camille's birthday...we are having her party tomorrow. I shall clean the house up nicely today so we can get lots of pictures without messy backgrounds. I hate when the kids take pictures and they come out so nice, but in the background is a pile of clothes, or stuff on the floor...anyway, I also have to make a cake, a big pink one.

Emily came over last night and tucked kids in for me while I made those last minute treats and packed the lunches. Paul was at a board meeting. I was gone on Monday night (Halloween...oh, and the reason it was only $34 for all of us - the kids 12 and under were free. The waitress gave Kathryn AND Margaret kids' menus, but Margaret ordered from the regular menu. I only had to pay for myself, Abigail, and Margaret..plus the order of Endless Chips)...anyway, I was gone on Monday, Paul was gone on Tuesday, Wednesday, and last night...busy busy busy.

There are no clean towels, socks need washing and matching, and the sink is filling with dishes again. The floors which were swept yesterday need sweeping again, and the bathroom really needs a good cleaning...all three of them do. I think today is a good time for another chore list. Windows need cleaning too. And the stair need vacuuming. And...and...and...oh, it never ends. Wait, one day it will.

Paul is home today since he doesn't get Veteran's Day off, he will be in Ireland. He is shuffling around, actually getting things accomplished instead of just sitting here typing about all that needs to be done. He isn't sweeping or doing dishes though, he is trying to figure out what is wrong with the big van.

I feel the need to get off this computer and into action before he comes back in the house, lest he think I sit here all day while he is hard at work...ha. He is going to the small city in a little while to get some new brakes for the big van, and invited me to go along...I said I need to go to the dollar store...he said he doesn't want to dawdle and be gone all day...I don't know why he had to tell me that..ha. I know he hates to dawdle, if he needs something in Walmart, he goes in and gets it and gets in line...without even checking all the clearance racks! How fun is that? Anyway, I get to go with him, which will be interesting. I will hurry fast, but it will not be fast enough, he will just have to be patient.

So...off I go...

No comments: