summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

a nice sunny day

They all trooped out the door this morning, 4 college kids, 8 school kids...leaving Camille and I here with Rosie-The-Bad Dog and Kitty Kitten, and Big Kitty. Camille made a bed for the kitten, a nice warm fleecy blanket folded up in a shallow cardboard box. Kitten actually sleeps in it! Sometimes they carry the box around with Kitty in it, he just sits there. He can be a devil sometimes, attacking and fighting and playing, but he purrs like a little sweetie most of the time. He is playful, but not mean at all.

Yesterday I worked really hard to burn off my dinner from Chili's. I took my morning walk, then did my exercises, which are hilariously lame, involving lifting my ten pound weights, doing cheaty push-ups, and jogging in place. I went on the treadmill a few hours later, but was interrupted when the stream of first trip kids came by, each telling me about the accident that happened down the road...a neighbor who had been riding his four-wheeler was lying in the road...didn't look good, bloody head, ect..not moving...the vehicle was on one side of the ditch, he on the other...the ambulance hadn't even gotten there yet, and my kids were really upset. They kept praying for him, and hoping he was alright. We aren't sure who he is, but there has been nothing in the news about a death, so there is hope. Anyway, I had to stop treading and comfort the kids, they were seriously upset by this. Later, I went to the pool with Mirielle, and it was wonderful.

Then I added up my calories for the day, and dang it was too low! Less than 800...so I figured since I didn't want my body to think, "starvation mode", I better eat something..then I realized that a calorie is a calorie, so I may as well have some candy...so I did. Yes, I did. Three Milkduds, 39 calories...then four snack sized bars, 80 calories each. I felt sick afterwards, but I enjoyed them oh-so-much. And the scale was back down a few pounds this morning. To the same number I rejoiced about last week. Blah, I want to see NEW low numbers...it really is a work, this losing weight business.

For dinner last night, we had chicken and gravy and rice and broccoli. I took a big chunk of frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer, put it in the oven...then separated it when it baked a bit...then split it into two baking dishes and added four cans of cream of chicken soup with some water...and baked it until it was falling apart a bit...easy chicken and gravy.

So...I think I better go to the store today...we are out of kitten food, he has been eating Big Kitty's food. We are almost out of milk, have no more low calorie yogurt, are on the last loaf of bread, and the eggs are almost gone. The freezer is almost depleted of veggies. I cut coupons yesterday, so I am all set to go. Sort of. I want to get in on some of today's sunshine, and want to be here when the kids get home from school. I also want to go to the pool tonight, and have to prepare something for tonight's dinner. I have some laundry to do, too, and of course I have to pick up some things around here before I leave...blah, where is my maid?

Camille went through Sibling Withdrawl this morning when the kids all left...she kept asking who she was going to play with. She finally went in her room and is playing Barbies all by herself. Poor child.

Does anyone else's husband have moods? Paul...hmm...he is always good to me, always respectful and kind, but sometimes he really likes me and talks to me, and other times he seems so preoccupied and distant...like he is working on things...he is by nature not so chatty, but sometimes he gets really talkative...and here I am, day after day...learning not to take it personally when he is in Quiet Mode. I can get so upset wondering what I have done, but it is just the way he is...

He is going to Ireland next week, wah. Wah because I would LOVE to go to Ireland, and wah because he is leaving us for so many days. I also suspect he won't appreciate it as much as I would. But he has to go for work, so he gets to go, and I get to stay home and not be jealous. I am much more of a stop-and-smell-the-roses type, and he is more of a let's-just-get-home kind of guy. I learned years ago that if I wanted to meander up and down the aisles of the store looking at clearance racks and searching for bargains, I had better go without him. But opposites attract, and we certainly love each other still.

Oh well, sitting here thinking of what to write is not fun, it is only fun when the thoughts come tumbling out on their own...it is time to sign off now...

1 comment:

mom of 7 said...

Your husband sounds just like mine who also has his "moods" lol
Rachel