summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

really bad dream...

I should have woken feeling rested, since I was in bed by eleven, but when the alarm went off at 6:30, I woke up crying my eyes out. My dream....

There was a big party, and my parents were there. I knew it was special to be with them, and I enjoyed this greatly. (I am amazed how my mind could so vividly create this scenario, it was like watching a video of them, the way my dad would chuckle when something hit him as funny, and they way my mother was, just thankful to be there and to be around all of her kids...)anyway, the dream got bad...invaders came, with guns. I was then hovering above, seeing blood and then just my mother was there, with everyone else lying on the floor, bleeding...next thing I knew, I was being taken away with the kids. We had to walk really far to an old animal hospital. We were ushered in, and the mean hard-hearted woman in charge was giving each of the kids a stall with a steel examining table in it. I tried to share with Camille, but she wouldn't let me. Camille kept saying, "This is NOT my room, there are no blankets.." I tried to give her my blue sweatshirt, but the mean woman wouldn't let me, she just closed the doors on all the kids, and led me away. That's when I woke up. Blah.

So...today I am thankful that it was only a dream. And, since I AM a licensed psychiatrist, I have determined that I have separation anxieties. I obviously miss my parents, and hate sending my kids out the door everyday, but I dread the day Camille will join them. I also suspect that I may have some sleep apnea, and the bad dreams are desperate attempts my body makes to wake myself up. Because I am a regular doctor, too, of course.

In any case, I wanted to go in and wake Camille up and hug her and tell her I would never leave her in a stall with no blankets...wah.

She is up now, all snuggly and sweet with her Night-time Barbie in her arms.

Suzanne is here too, she has an earache. I put some of Camille's prescription drops in it last night, but she says it still hurts, feels like it is popping out. blah, to the Dr. we go again. We also need to stop at Wegmans for another turkey, since Thanksgiving is next week. We are out of sugar, too, which doesn't bother me, but the girls like it in their tea, and we will be baking pies next week.

We did manage to make it to the pool last evening, which was fun.(Suze stayed here with Joe because her ear hurt) Charlotte and Camille love to go, they love everything about it. They like getting into the lockers, (I mean literally getting INTO the lockers, they fit in them) they like hanging all their clothes up just so, they like taking showers afterward...they take forever and a day about everything, and I am like, "come ON, you two!" I suppose I should take a lesson and enjoy it more.

I might be able to go again tonight after I drop Samuel off at basketball tryouts. He has to be picked up again at 7:15, and wants me to take him to get some sneakers, since he is confident he won't be cut. Never a dull moment.

Paul comes home tomorrow, finally. It has been long enough. I miss him and really can hardly wait to see him. I am also glad he has missed me too, that feels so nice! (he texted me and told me so)

I am all out of things to say this morning....

No comments: