summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 26, 2011

is this eating yummy things thing over yet?





Mirielle Joy making some real whipped cream. I had Emily take the picture because my older kids don't like when I come around with the camera. I should never have let them know about this blog...

Our turkey dinner was delicious...I can't decide what was the best, the sweet potatoes or the squash, or the stuffing...or of course the turkey. I only tasted the mashed potatoes, which had red potatoes with some skins still on, yum, and I skipped the rolls. The whole process of getting dinner on the table was fun - Joseph carved the turkey (some of the pieces were huge, I was laughing my head off at this one huge chunk he put on the platter, and he said, "What? You just cut off what you want!"). Emily had the task of peeling the skin off the squash and mashing it up with butter. The little kids put the rolls on the pans, lots of us peeled the potatoes, I mashed them up. Mirielle did the sweet potatoes, Aaron put the olives in bowls, Margaret put the pickles out, Abigail did the cranberry sauce, I made the gravy. The younger girls set the table.

After dinner we had pie, and played Scattergories. One of the things was, "Things Cheryl hates" (my sister Cheryl)...and the letter was, "S". Only one person said spiders! The blueberry pie was really good, but the chocolate mousse pie Mirielle made was...well, it was just plain deadly. I was glad it got eaten all up. There are still too many pies around here, I just have to pretend they are horrible. I have had enough good stuff, even though the pieces of pie I had were very small. I didn't totally pig out, but I am still up a few pounds, no fair.

Today, the older kids are at the Dome for a football game, Paul is hunting, and we are just chilling. Yes, there is work to do, but I am thinking of taking these younger kids somewhere fun....

6 comments:

thestrykergirls said...

You must tell Cheryl what the other things are that start with S.. I could only come up with what you said.. but there are others, like sloppinenss, (slobs?, although I hate that word alone!), sickness, stuff on my couch.. We were going to play that, too, but got by-wayed.. is that a word? Or am I just spelling it wrong?

16 blessings'mom said...

Well, there was the Sound of Spills, sons-in-laws who...um, pass gas...

jen said...

Pease can we have Mirielle's cooking blog, pretty please?! Or at least the recipe for chocolate mousse pie... Sounds heavenly! Belated Happy Thanksgiving! I love the photo of all your kids round the table, you truly are blessed.

16 blessings'mom said...

Jen, Mirielle doesn't have a cooking blog. But I will get her pie recipe as soon as I can, she is in her room studying right now. She was just saying this evening how much she loves to bake. It is almost a curse, because when one bakes, one eats...of course around here it does go fast.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I am back to blogging! New address though :-)

You look amazing!!!! I am so proud of you for sticking with the weighht loss. Can you motivate me?

I am curious to know where you all eat on non holidays? Do you eat in shifts? Right now I have three bar stools and a ttable that seats 6. (well 5 caus one chair broke while someone was house sitting) I need a new dining table (hopefully soon).

Martha said...

I am afraid the eating of yummy things has just begun. Where in the world did I hide the duct tape?