summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 12, 2011

quick post before heading to....

The Dome! I am looking forward to the fun and fellowship part of working with the people from church, but I am not looking forward to the aching knees and feet. My knees have been really achy lately, so I didn't do any running this morning on my walk.

Emily, Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, Mali, Samuel, and I will be going. I have an hour to get ready, and need to make a lunch so I don't eat the Dome food...pretzels, hot dogs, sausages, nachos with cheese...yum but yuck.

My weight has been steadily decreasing this week, but in very tiny increments. Better than gaining though. And I did have dark chocolate last evening. Two squares, 125 calories worth. And when I passed out blueberry crumb cake and vanilla ice cream with chocolate fudge swirl to the kids last night, I had a tiny, mini portion. I almost got derailed when Char didn't want her ice cream, but thankfully Jon claimed it.

Ah well, time to get ready...

5 comments:

Pepe y Paqui said...

¡Animo! siga bajando peso.

Martha said...

Always a plus when someone else claims the "leftovers." Tomorrow is our party day.

Beth said...

I came across your blog about 1 1/2 hours ago. Yes, I have been reading it that long. I enjoy reading blogs on occassion and just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading yours. I never make comments but felt compelled to now. I too have a large family, 11 children and five grandchildren. I would have loved to have more children myself but a few years ago I had a molar pregnancy and ended up with a total hysterectomy. Very sad, but God is in control of everything and I count my blessings each day. I am not a writer, however, if I had a blog I would want it written just like yours. You are so honest about life, family, weight loss(I battle that one each day too), teenagers etc. etc. I will check in often now. I feel in some ways that we are kindred spirits. (If you have ever seen Anne of Green Gables, you know what I am talking about) Many Blessings to you and your family!

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, I wasn't so lucky with the leftovers tonight - Camille didn't want her pie! Homemade apple pie hot out of the oven! I couldn't let that be thrown away, no sir! Anne...Hello! Kindred spirits, eh? You are also from The Tribe of Joseph? (I have read all the Anne books, all of Lucy Maud Montgomey's books..and my older girls grew up with the Anne movies...we want to watch them again one of these days) Anyway, Hello!

Martha said...

How do kids turn down pie? I'll never know. Too bad.