summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 18, 2011

brr, it's cold in here...

Winter is a-coming. My walk this morning was too too cold. I had on two sweaters under my sweatshirt, my exercise pants with shorts over, my hood up...but the wind ripped right through my clothes, and froze my fingers. I went to the top of the first hill, and turned around. So that I didn't miss out on too much exercise, I ran part of the way back home, then went right past the driveway to the neighbor's mailbox...Rosie didn't understand this change in routine, and kept hopping in front of me and asking where the heck we were going...

Anyway, it is chilly. We only got a little bit of snow, but there was some on the ground this morning, and on the deck, which made the kids happy.

Last night our dinner was so pleasant. Chicken that had marinated in Caribbean Jerk sauce, plus some in just Italian dressing for the younger kids (the jerk is very spicy), extra fine long green beans (from Aldi, they are so good), and some brown and serve rolls. Camille put the rolls out on the baking tray for me, then I had to leave to pick Sam up from basketball. Camille was standing on a chair next to the counter with the rolls on it, and said to me, "Don't worry Mom, I'll keep an eye on the rolls for you." ha, she has heard us say that about things that are in the oven..

We made corn muffins for Sonja's Native American project, too. Plus some mini ones for the kids to eat with dinner. I tasted one, pretty good. That tablespoon of brown sugar does wonders to the recipe.

Only sixteen days 'til Jamaica!! I am coming to terms with the knowledge that I can't lose twenty pounds before I go. Actually, I haven't done too badly, I figured it out...I have lost almost 50 pounds now, in 33 weeks. That is 1.8 pounds per week average. Obviously it isn't each and every week like clockwork, there was that time with being pregnant and after, where I just stayed the same for so long..then the dreaded September Plateau....but on average, not too bad. If I can keep this up for another year...I'll be way too thin! ha, that sounds funny, me thin!

This weekend is a Couple's Weekend for our church. I have been looking forward to it so much..but...we have a basketball game at the Dome, it is a commitment, can't get out of it...and not enough people to staff it with just the younger singles, so Paul and I are going to work. He volunteered first, and I decided I would rather be at the Dome with him than at the Couple's thing without him.

My two oldest daughters are such good girls. Abigail gave the okay to Jonathan to spend the night at their apartment tonight. He just loves that. Last night Emily was here for dinner, so she took his bedding and clean clothes home with her so she can pick him up from school and take him home...she is also picking Evelyn and Sonja and Charlotte Claire up...pair that with me giving them ice cream money this morning, and they went out the door happy!

My special Thursdays With Mali are over! Next week is Thanksgiving, then she will have exams, then she is done with her pre-requisites....next semester, she is a real nursing student! She gets to wear scrubs! She is very excited. Life will get busier for her. I am mourning the end of those special Thursdays...even though I dreaded being the passenger while she learned to drive.

Ah well, time to get moving...Camille is waiting for me.

1 comment:

Darla said...

I tried to comment already but I don't think it worked, so sorry if now you end up with 2 similar comments!

You are amazing! This weight loss thing you obviously have figured out...you are losing at a textbook perfect average. Never mind my know-it-all comment from the other week! :/ So fun to hear about your progress. My husband is trying to lose weight now too so I told him he should read your blog. :) I think it would help him a lot!