summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 21, 2011

another weekend gone....

Too fast again. Saturday - worked at the Dome, concession stand. Now the Dome is on a hill. A very evil hill. We walked up the evil hill. Then to add insult to injury, we had to climb some steps. Lots and lots of steps. My poor heart was pounding and my knee was clicking. But I didn't die. Stood on my feet for hours on a concrete floor, filling sodas and nacho trays. Then home for a quick clothes change and to the Couple's Conference. We got there right in time for dinner. It was warm and welcoming and good to be there, but we felt rather disconnected since we had missed so much of the day. And we were tired. I kept zoning out, which would have easily led to some snoring if the chair were a teensy bit more comfy...

Yesterday we got up and went to the morning meeting at the conference, then home...then for me, some shopping with Sam and Kathryn and Evelyn. I took them to KFC/A&W, they got burgers and fries. I did snag two fries, then ate some popcorn chicken, which is very deadly, but not too terrible a choice, considering the choices. I looked it up when I got home, and since I shared with the kids a little, it was about 500 calories. ouch.

I got home from shopping in time for dinner. The house looked clean and shiny, I asked Paul if he had spent all day cleaning, and he said he basically had. ouch. I hate when he does that. He doesn't like that the dog gets the floors dirty, but I am betting that even without the dog, our uncarpeted floors would get dirty fast. I had just swept and mopped the other day, but it doesn't last long....so I gave the dog another bath...and I said for the millionth time that I am getting rid of her. No fun having a dog you love to pieces when others don't appreciate her. And she has been raised in the house, I can't just make her an outside dog just because she gets the floors dirty. I hate dirt on the floors, and am always sweeping and mopping...but to me it is worth it. blah. I know that just because Paul cleans up it doesn't mean he thinks I am not doing enough, he just likes it clean, but it always makes me feel so inadequate. But then I have had a long busy weekend, and can't possibly do everything. But one thing I CAN do is watch my thoughts. I found myself so offended! Poor me! The thoughts can just snowball, and then I am a wreck. But NO! I don't want to be mad at Paul, don't want to feel sorry for myself...

Today the kids have a half-day of school, and tomorrow I have to go to Parent/Teacher Conferences.

This morning my sister's grandson, William, is coming over. He is three years old, almost, and is really really cute. Today it will just be Camille for him to play with. He will probably be surprised how quiet it is here without Jonathan and the other girls following him around vying for his attention.

On the scale: another new number! It is working, this suffering of mine! Every single time I see a lower number, I get so encouraged all over again! The only problem is that I have only one skirt that really fits right now. So many of my shirts are baggy, too. And for our trip, blah, I have five bathing suits, but not really enough clothes. But where can one find hot weather clothes in November here in the Northeast? For cheap? Oh well, I am sure I will survive. Ha, poor me, right? Not enough outfits for Jamaica....

Now I shall get moving and get a load of laundry started before William gets here...

No comments: