summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 19, 2021

AFTER!!, and outings! and surprise!

 


Before and Afters are my favorite.  This bathroom cabinet has been here since we built the house, it was an orange-y oak, then I chalk painted it a gray color, pasty gray...then white chalk paint, now it's this Urbane Bronze, I like it.  A fresh coat of black spray paint on the handles, and 3 new drawer pulls, $7.99 on Amazon.  The counter top needs to be replaced, but that's for another day.

Me, and Emily...
We weren't aware these were a thing, cupcake pans with holes in them...
Trader Joe's is always fun!  (I got a lavender plant!!!  It smells SO good!
We found dark chocolate covered ginger bites...oh dear, do NOT buy them, do not.  They are way too good.  
Some cabin pics...charcoal grilled chicken...
...with Mariel's coconut rice, and fresh pineapple avocado salsa
Evelyn, Sonja, Camille...
The game room was fun, Paul and Emily...
Emily, Char, Cam, with Paul and Abigail in the background...
Camille's plate...
My plate...steak over charcoal is also delectable.  


And surprise to Evelyn!  She got her associate's degree, and we sneaked this yummy cake to the cabin!
When she was downstairs in the game room, we got it out, and her presents, and surprise!

The pool, ahhh.  We got home today, from the Adirondacks, and there were things to do!  Putting everything away, vacuuming, finishing up the cabinets (putting on the new drawer pulls, touching up the paint where I missed a few spots, and organizing inside the cabinets)...then a dip in the pool, joined by Emily...then we went off, out and about, Emily and I.  We went to a restaurant supply store to get some things for the church kitchen, and some freshly roasted coffee.  We went to Ollie's for some good stuff cheap, and then to Trader Joe's.   Home for some dinner:  an Aldi pizza, and some leftover chicken, with honey-butter-fresh ginger-cayenne sauce...after dinner, we heard the distinct sound of the propane gushing to lift a hot air balloon, and this was right over our house, this was taken from the deck...
Suri went outside with me, she's so sweet.

This is the first time I've sat in my chair today, phew.  

It was a good vacation, short and sweet, and relaxing.  


4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Love it all here, my friend.
What in the world are those cupcake pans for????
I absolutely love meals like your chicken with coconut rice.
Yummmmm.
So much family and love around you.
Love that.
Have a cozy day!
My daughter Madison loves Trader Joe's. We have to travel about an hour and a half to get there!

Linda said...

Huh on the cupcake pans, grin. Thank you for the many smiles. Congratulations to Emily.

Terri D said...

I have never seen cupcake pans like that. Hmmmm... Busy there, as your usual! The bathroom cabinet looks great! The food all looks yummy, and what a nice celebration for Evelyn!! Congrats to her!! Thanks for catching us up!! xo

Mary in Colorado said...

I have one of those baking pans…they are for oven baked donuts and worked really well for me. MARY IN COLORADO