summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 22, 2021

....so today turned into yesterday...

 ...a blank slate, an open docket, uncharted territory, spontaneity!  My brother texted this morning, his Labrador passed away recently, so he wondered if our pups would like some dog treats.  I asked them, "treats?", and they said yes, they would like them.  It's so sad to lose a pup, they become part of the family.   Tina was fifteen years old, that's a long time to have a family friend.

We ended up going out and about yesterday, to Target to return a bathing suit, and to get the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, their Ghiardelli chips were only $1.69 a bag.  I am making THREE triple batches of cookies on Monday.  Lots of cookies, for lots of kids, for church summer camp.

We also stopped at Hobby Lobby, oh dear, I love that place.  Camille has decided to take up crocheting (again!), so she needed some yarn.  Just run in, Mom.  You'll be all day if we all go in...um, not happening, nope, I am not running in and hurrying.  Sorry, not sorry.  We NEVER go to Hobby Lobby, and I am gonna look around.  harrumph.

The spring collection was all 66% off, so of course I had to check it out!  I found a nice wood shelf for the bathroom, $6.99...a few cute kitchen towels, and a metal bowl with wood handles to put a plant in.  

But this?  Pumpkins?  Come on, I love autumn, but let's enjoy July.  

This fine morning, I went to Walmart for snow cone syrup...did you know we have a commercial ice crusher/snow cone machine?  It's out there on the kitchen table...we bought it to make them for different church events.  Saturday, we're having a fun day for the children, so yes, snow cones!  We might be using it for the upcoming youth camp (I'm making the cookies for that), or the week after, for family week.

I also went to Aldi, cherries for $1.99 a pound, and strawberries for $1.29!  I found a floppy hat for $5.99, and then bought the usual items:  fresh salsa, ground beef, a package of chicken, cheese sticks, milk...I helped a nice lady reach some things, she said she must be extra short today.  It's nice to see people's faces, and have normal interactions.

Anyway, we're home now, and it's a lovely day.  I have some work to do around here, then, pool!  Some of the grandkids might be coming over...


1 comment:

Terri D said...

A snow cone maker!! WOW!! How absolutely cool is that!! I can almost smell those chocolate chip cookies baking. Hobby Lobby is addicting. I never leave empty-handed. Almost Friday! xo