summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 26, 2021

cookies, cookies, and MORE cookies!



3 pounds of butter, farm fresh eggs, only the best chocolate chips...

three triple batches of cookie dough later...


...and voila!!!  404 cookies!  I was asked to make either 200 larger ones, or 400 smaller ones...I think they're good sized, and there'll be enough.  We put them in large zip-lock baggies by the dozen, in boxes in the walk-in refrigerator.  The kids will have them tomorrow night.

The pool this morning, when I was out there puttering around.  I'm like an old retired lady, only I never actually worked...well, for one year as a receptionist at an insurance agency....and of course I've done tons and loads of work here at home, and at church...life is winding down, but I am still busy enough!

I stole these pics, such good ones...Benjamin and his wife Ashley, and Elise and Anya.
Elise
Anya...

After the cookies, I took a dip in the pool, picked a few tomatoes from the garden, and got some dinner on.  We had taco salad, again, because we had so much stuff leftover.  I really need a quick trip to the store, it'll be tomorrow morning.  It's going to be a busy week, but one thing at a time...

I had trouble sleeping last night, so many things shifting through my head, then I thought of Jesus saying to Martha about how she was busy with so many things, but "just one thing is needful".   

Life is good.  It is so good when you know that all things work together for your good, and when you seek peace with all men.  It's good when you know it's you, and your sin, that needs to be worked on, not other people.   It's good when you hear that still small voice saying humble yourself, or be quiet now, or just let it go.

Life is made up of trials, big and small, and being faithful in those little every day things brings great joy.  Be anxious for nothing.   We ALL know that is in the Bible.  So when I toss and turn and worry and fret, what do I do?  I fight.  I say NO.  I fight some more, and I sometimes say right out loud, "Oh dear Lord, help me to have peace!"

So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" (Heb 13:6)

The world is in turmoil.  Sometimes I think it's like The Emperor's New Clothes, who will have the courage to point out the absurdity of some of these things?   The censorship is alarming.  People being forced/coerced/threatened to be fired if they refuse the jab (with no account take for those who have HAD this illness, ect.)(where is all the talk of natural immunity?  Swept under the rug!).  It's absolutely fine to be vaccinated, if that's what you choose, and we are all allowed to say that.  But, if we dare suggest there are other methods, oh woe.  Is this America, or is this China?  

Anyway.  Life is good.   I like knowing what's going on, but I refuse to let the news get me down, because God is bigger than the boogie man.  That's from Veggie-Tales, and it's a good song.   





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning 😊 Those cookies look SO GOOD!! Too bad I’m 2500 kms away or I’d invite myself to drop in for a taste 🥰 Actually I couldn’t even have one because they are made with wheat flour……….😔 I bet they are absolutely delicious.

There are such rules now for travel…..my daughter has just returned from Hawaii and she said it is soooooooooooo stressful to travel anywhere, especially internationally. You have to have all your ducks in a row and one little miss step and you are not allowed to even get on the plane. There was crying from people who hadn’t followed the RULES. She had two stop overs in 2 huge airports and she said it was awful. So any joy from traveling has gone for sure. I think within Canada it’s ok, and for you traveling in the US, just international travel. If you are not vaccinated you can’t even go 😔 I forget how many tests she had to have to get there…..at $130USD each time. she is fully vaccinated BTW and still had to get all these positive tests done 😬

Anyway enough about that! I hope you have a wonderful day and the kids enjoy those cookies 🍪

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, I didn't have even one taste, even of the dough, it's just easier that way ha.
The travel rules are crazy, I've only traveled within the U.S. I can't imagine getting a false positive, or getting the test results too late, or getting the test from a non-approved lab, and being STUCK. ugh. Paul and I are flying to California in a few weeks, hope that goes smoothly. It's a long flight to wear a mask on...

Terri D said...

Life is good and our God is AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing pictures of all those delicious-looking cookies!! Yum!

Joybells said...

Those cookies look so good!! Bless you for doing all that for the kids. They will have an amazing week, I know. :) Yes, there is plenty of crazy out there to go around, unfortunately. But even one small candle chases darkness away. I'm thankful for the many lights I know in this dark world!

Joy from Salem

Chrissy said...

Your church seems gigantic! They've just made masks optional here but the rail and bus companies are still insisting which is a good thing. My son had Covid 19 but was fortunately not unwell. We've been lucky. Hoping to stay lucky next week when I run a (tiny) dance summer camp.