summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 23, 2021

I'm in a hurry, so...

 I have to leave in a few minutes, but what's better than to blog in my comfy chair with my coffee, then hop up at the last minute and furiously gather what I need, and get out the door in just the nick of time?

I'm only going to get the car inspected, but this place has to drive the car to another location to get the sticker, because we live in the sticks.  I should have just taken it somewhere else, because I'll be sitting in a ten by ten waiting room that smells like motor oil, with The Price Is Right blaring, and those commercials for prescription meds, where the side effects are worse than the ailments.  I might just go for a walk around the neighborhood while I wait.

After that, I'm heading out to our church conference center where our camper is parked, to give it a good cleaning, so I have to bring the vacuum cleaner, paper towels, ect.  The kids are out there painting today.

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  Jon has a summer job doing maintenance/lawn care at the church, and his car wouldn't start, so I drove him to work.  We saw these turkeys, in no particular hurry to get out of the road...

We had already stopped and waited for a huge flock of geese to waddle by.  Then a deer couldn't decide whether to dodge in front of us, or go into the woods, he was hemming and hawing and backtracking, while we waited patiently...

I went to Walmart to get a few things, which is lovely in the morning when no one else is there.  Of course I meandered and pondered, and found myself a new shirt for $5.  Then to Aldi, stopped for gas, and home.  Ashley came over with Anya and Elise, and I made them snow cones.  We went out to the pool, and yay, Molly came with Lydia and Ophelia!  At one point, they were all sitting on the edge of the pool with their feet in the water, and I wished I had brought my phone out to take pics.  The little girls are all so cute.

I did take a pic earlier though...I love summer.


And now, I have used up my minutes in the very best way, it's time to hurry up and scram!!!!

1 comment:

Terri D said...

WHew! What a day you had! I LOVE your description of the waiting room that smells of motor oil! Make me giggle! Happy weekend, my friend! xo