summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 17, 2021

lions, and tigers, and...deer!


 But no lions or tigers, although there are bear-proof garbage cans here, in a fenced in area.

Paul went fishing, Mariel stayed back at at the cabin, and we went on a little hike...
We found a nice private pristine, untouched lake at the end of the trail.
We took the wrong trail, it was supposed to be one mile, it was 3.4 there and back.  It also rained a little bit.  We got pretty muddy.
We stopped at the general store, they got lollipops.

Abigail...
Sonja limbo-ed under the fallen tree...
My sneakers got a bit muddy.

The lake though...Fawn Lake...so lovely.

We're back at the cabin, having hot coffee, tea, warming up after some hot showers.    More later!

6 comments:

Terri D said...

Sometimes it is just plain fun to get muddy and wet!! Glad you are all cleaned up and getting warm again! Have fun! xo

Unknown said...

HiDella 👋 What fun you are all having. Wasn’t that lake freezing? Makes me shiver just looking at the swimmers 🏊‍♀️ I’m a whimp though. I hope the sun comes out for you. Hopefully Paul will catch enough fish for supper!! Keep enjoying 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Betty said...

When we lived in new York we camped at Limekiln state park back then the nightly entertainment was to watch the bears at the dump, many fond memories of a beautiful area. Enjoy your stay

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, it took an hour to get to that lake, because of the mud, the puddles, the trail was a mess...there were boards in some places to walk on, imagine me on a balance beam...once I stepped in the deep mud, my foot was stuck, right up to mid-calf. It was serious stuff. But so much fun...
Marilyn, that lake was not freezing at all, must've warmed up from all the hot weather we had, I don't know, but it was perfect!
Betty, we used to do the same thing at Cranberry Lake, go to the dump to see all the bears... It is beautiful up here in the mountains.

Linda said...

Ick on the mud ((grin)). I am so happy to know you are having fun. Have a beautiful day, my friend, smiles.

Anonymous said...

You live in such a beautiful area! I can't get over all of that green! It sounds like you had a great time in spite of the rain.

Laurie in California