summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 31, 2021

a day off....sort of, ha!

 

Yesterday at summer camp, with Miss Camille Anaya...I was the Snow Cone maker!
Some downtime with Wulf and Tennyson...I was explaining to Wulf how I had to leave to go help in the kitchen at summer camp.  He didn't want me to leave.

Miss Charlotte Claire...
Benjamin Paul, helping out at the camp.

So today I didn't go out to help....I was there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  This fine morning, this Saturday morning, I was here with Margaret and the boys, and we had to decide what to do!  Head to a playground, that's always good!  So off we went...no schedule, no time restraints.  We saw a huge farmer's market, I would love that, but the boys...probably not.  Wulf was all up for a playground.  Then we saw the agricultural museum with a bonus:  there was a cow showing, a bovine fair, a moo festival, I don't know what it was called.  But we pulled in, because yes, Wulf DID want to see those cows!  There was free ice cream (I get a million points for saying NO...no thank you, to FREE ice cream!). Wulf however got zero points, and one bowl of "It's A Cow Party" ice cream, courtesy of Byrne Dairy, (birthday cake ice cream with sprinkles and ribbons of icing through out).  
The county Dairy Princess!

Then, we went into the museum.




For some reason, Wulf was fascinated with the checkers outside of the old Mercantile, General store.

Then, we went to the playground...

After going home for a bit, we packed those boys back up and went to...Target!  I wanted to get some Lavazza coffee, 35% off with TargetCircle.  I also got seltzer, chicken breast, and a bathing suit top.
Then to Aldi for peppers and tortillas, lime juice, and cheese sticks.  
Home again, then Margaret packed up the boys and headed home.  It's too quiet in here and I miss those boys in their cuddly evening pajamas, already.  
Tomorrow our kids get home from the camp, and our general summer conference starts at church.  I'll be bringing out all the dollhouse stuff again, and running the snow cone machine again.  It'll be nice to see so many of our friends we haven't been able to see for so long.

Summer is waning, and I don't want it to.  I love the bare feet and the garden and the flowers and the long, bright days.  I do not want to know how many days are left until autumn, I just want them to go on and on.  




1 comment:

Linda said...

Ok, I am so ready for summer to end...I have had enough of the humidity, grin. Thank you for the many smiles, my friend.