summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 5, 2021

sometimes life IS all sunshine and roses...


 With little Miss Camille...

Paul driving the boat, he loves having his picture taken...and Evelyn, Emily, Abigail sitting down, Miss Cam in the front....
Paul...

Sonja K.

Charlotte Claire

Evelyn Joy...

So seven of our daughters and our friend Anna, went out on the boat today.  We were on the water before 10, and arrived back at the dock at 5:30.  What a day!  There was tubing, but not me, no sir, I was happy enough to watch the girls.  The water was cold and brisk and invigorating, and I went in five or six times, but briefly.  It's so deep, even with a life jacket on, I am not a fan of 600 foot lakes.  And, it was cold.  The air temp was around 92, but on the boat with a breeze, or when we were barreling down the lake, it was quite comfy.  Of course, when we got back in after a dip, we were refreshed for a bit. 

Our Boat Snacks were amazing, and we did bring some wine.  Evelyn also brought one can of craft beer, a sour lemon/lavender.  I wanted to love it, the essence of the lavender was lovely with the lemon, but the sour-ness was off-putting.  (I can't really drink alcohol, but I can have a few sips, we ended up pouring most of the can overboard ha.)

It was such a nice day.  We came home, unloaded the car, the girls put away the coolers and snacks, I watered the gardens, and Paul grilled burgers.  I steamed some asparagus, and we had a simple summer dinner.

Now we are all tired, and I feel like I'm still on the boat, dipping and swaying.  

Tomorrow, another adventure, we're taking Lydia up to visit Ben, Ashley, little Anya and Elise, where they are camping, on Lake Ontario....

1 comment:

Terri D said...

What a great way to spend a summer day!! Awesome! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow!! xo