summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 16, 2021

the lake, the labs, and the lazy...

 


Lake Ontario...so vast, so lovely, and it was a calm, hot, humid evening.
The Labs...can you see that little blip out deeper than Suri?  It was a seagull....they both swam right out, noses touched beak, then they turned back around for shore...I can't believe that bird didn't fly away, it seemed totally unshaken.


They get a good night's sleep after an outing like this!
Sunny, so cute, and Suri, like a black polar bear!

...and, the lazy!  Yesterday was such a prime summer day here.  88-90 degrees, sunny, humid...I had my second cup of coffee in the pool!  



Have I ever mentioned how much I love summer?

I still have some packing to do, but I function better last minute...not that the kitchen table isn't covered with stuff...I like to put it there when I think of it...but it has to be packed up still.  I want to get a puzzle from the closet to bring, along with the three bottles of wine...we're getting lots of rain this weekend, and the high there tomorrow is only 70 degrees.  Not beach-y weather, unfortunately.  Those little Adirondack lakes, with their mountainous backgrounds, and calm clean waters, ahhh.  But, we shall make the best of it.  I told the girls to bring old sneakers, and prepare to spend time outside in the rain, we won't melt.  

I talked to the cabin owner last night about check-in.  He mentioned that we have a "large crowd" (I almost retorted like one of the teenagers, "YOU'RE a LARGE CROWD".). But I didn't.  I said, Large crowd?!  I'm only bringing seven of my kids!    Believe it or not, I don't tell everyone I meet how many kids I have, partly because I go from just being a normal chubby middle aged woman to a weirdo...

And I am a weirdo, but it has nothing to do with the amount of kids.

We are not bringing the Labradors to the cabin, we are having someone here to stay with them.  Suri hasn't had any accidents in the house in the night lately, but she surely would, in a nice cabin.  oh looky at this nice expensive little moose rug, what a good place to just squat down...and Sunny, we couldn't leave her for five minutes, or she would chew through one of their nice doors.   Dogs ARE allowed for an extra fee, but add on the moose rug and the door, and nope.

Anyway, off I go, after I finish my coffee and peruse through some blogs, scan some news, and depending on how much I decide to procrastinate before I panic pack, perhaps a game of two of solitaire...


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning………lovely pictures and it looks like the doggies had a lovely swim! Fancy the bird just sitting there!!

Have a super weekend and too bad about the weather, but you’ll all have fun anyway.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Michelle said...

Della, you are hilarious! ;)

Linda said...

From one weirdo to another ((ha!!! teasing))--Have a beautiful trip, my friend. I hope you take photos. smiles

Terri D said...

Once again I have a smile on my face from reading your post. I can't wait to hear about your get-away with the girls! xo