summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

right in the heart of summer....

 

Wulf!
Sonja K.
Camille was taking the pic...we went on a nice walk near the water...


That's Lake Ontario out there...the skies have been hazy because of smoke from Canadian wildfires.  It was 88 today, and humid.

Homemade chocolates!  I did not buy any, partly because they were like $22 a pound.


Margaret waiting for the ice cream, while Tennyson wonders where she is.  That ice cream cone was mine, it was actually custard, which is old fashioned, and creamy.  I only ate some of it, the rest found it's way to Wulf, who had a baby cone that really was tiny.

So we visited Margaret and the kids for a bit, brought Wulf to the playground, then headed home....it was time to make dinner.  It was hot on the deck, so I decided to cook the chicken in the wok.  It had been marinating in lime juice, salt and pepper, so I put it in hot olive oil and cooked it up.  I roasted some chopped pecans in the air fryer, in butter, cayenne, and brown sugar, with a dash of nutmeg, a tiny dash of cinnamon.  Then, a salad with a few kinds of lettuce, and mini cucumbers.  The girls added red onion to theirs.  Served all together, yum.

The power went out when Paul was out fishing, the kids leaving to go to a meeting and play volleyball.  Home alone with no power, hmmm.  I lit candles.  Then, I had an idea!  A great idea!  I went out to the deck and got some solar lights!  It was SUCH a good idea.  Paul came home, he didn't seem as impressed with my smartness as I was.  :)



But heck, I could read my book! 

I started the day with puttering around in the yard, watering the garden, hosing the cut crass off the sidewalk, putting chlorine in the pool...going bare foot is my favorite.  

Summer...ahh I love summer.

4 comments:

Linda said...

So, apparently, I slept thru a storm last night...according to my husband we lost power and such last night. I did wake up at like 1 am and it was hotter than heck...nothing was on...anyways...I had no idea about those fires...now I know. smiles

Terri D said...

Frozen custard is SO GOOD!! There wouldn't have been any of mine left for poor Wulf!! You are a good person! You marinate chicken in lime a lot. I need to give it a try! Yum! xo

Susan said...

Well, maybe Paul was unimpressed by you thinking of using the solar lights but I sure am! Would never have thought of that!♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, isn't it awful to wake up and be so hot? We don't have a.c. but when the fan is off, oh dear.
Frozen custard is so yummy, how can one possibly behave when such things exist? Wulf is so sweet, you would totally share with him too! And yes, I do use the lime juice. We have Aldi stores here, and lime juice (and lemon juice) are so cheap, and it makes things so good.
Susan, I think he secretly thought I was brilliant!