summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 12, 2021

pictures of summer....

 

With Sonja...

A little trip to Starbucks...Evelyn and Sonja
Charlotte Claire and cousin Dani, with Jon and Camille in the background
Just cold brew with cream for me...
Jonathan...he has shaved his face since, and looks a bit less scruffy now, ha.
Ev, Sonja K., Camille
Jon, Dani, Char, Cam, Sonja...we went to the garden center, oh how dangerous!

Evelyn bought lavender!
This is Emily Anne, with Anne...Anne Beatrice.
Auntie Evelyn with Margaret's little Tennyson
That's my sister in the pink sweater, and Benjamin in the foreground with little Elise having her lunch.
Mariel...

Evelyn...

Yesterday, we went to Grace's graduation party (my sister's granddaughter, Katie's daughter).  I was there when she was born, and she grew up with my kids, she is a very sweet and dear girl.  A bit of rain didn't take away from the fun of the celebration.

Here's a little math question for you:  If every single member of the U.S. military was required to "take the jab", how much money would the pharmaceutical companies make?  BTW, there have been 24 military deaths due to Covid.    

I don't say much these days on here, because all politics aside, I first and foremost believe that we have a high and holy calling...that God has a plan, a future and a hope, for each of us who is willing to seek Him. None of these things happening in the news have any power over God, and those who trust in Him will not be put to shame.  

I have friends who have vastly differing beliefs, but that doesn't mean I love them any less.  

The amount of censorship going on in the media is alarming.  

The very idea that some think the American flag is offensive, um, what?  

We live in an upside world, in some respects, but it's still a very hopeful world.  We still get to choose what we want to trust in, in this time of grace.  

It's grand to be in the throes of summer, here in New York State.  The pool is clear, the garden is growing, the grass is soft and green for my bare feet.  I have good coffee (thank you Kim, and Paul!) from my birthday, and the birds are singing.  

Don't think for one minute, oh, it's easy for HER, she doesn't have any trials...because I do.  I have my aches and my pains, and my weight gain, and my worries...finances aren't to be discussed on The Blog, but  ugh...no, actually we have plenty.  If I go down the pathway in my mind that, wow, at this stage of our lives, we should be able to have this, do that, go here and there..., then discontentment comes, greediness...choosing to be thankful for what we have is much better.  But my point is, happiness doesn't depend on our circumstances, or our wealth (or lack of it).  Give and you'll receive, be thankful, and you'll be happy.  Pray to God, He will hear you.  Your prayers aren't always answered in the way you might want them, but in a way that's for your very best.  

When you think about it, wasting your life to get more stuff is ridiculous, because you can't take it with you.  We don't actually own anything.  I've mentioned before how when Abigail was little, she didn't want to put down her sparkly little purse, because she was afraid Jesus would come back when she didn't have it in her hand, she wanted to take it with her.  I don't actually think it works like that, honey.

Sunny just ate the cat food, again.  But it's sooo good, her face says.  

Ah well.  This coming weekend Paul and I are going to a cabin in the Adirondacks for three nights, with 6 of the girls.  It's a nice cabin, rather new, with 3 bathrooms, which makes it an actual vacation, with that many girls ha.  It's really nice to go with the whole entire family, but finding a place that fits everyone is super pricey, and you usually have to take the whole week.  When vacation days are so finite, it's nice to have some long weekends, instead.  

Camille and I are heading to the library....




3 comments:

Linda said...

Yes indeed we sure live in a upside down world...I try not to discuss finances etc. (but ha, I do). I hope you have a lovely vacation, smiles.

Terri D said...

A vacation!! Lucky you! Enjoy!! Love all the pictures of your amazing family!

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, it's hard sometimes to figure out what to share and what not to, and I am a speedy fast blogger, I tend to just write and not sit there and think, then I have to delete paragraphs because...too much? I am so looking forward to this vacation...not that I NEED vacation, my life is pretty much a vacation these days ha.
Terri, I know! I was just telling my son Benjamin (he's married with 2 little girls) that taking your kids camping when they're little requires the following mindset: It's a vacation for THEM, and if mom/dad happen to get a little bit of rest, relaxation, fun, then good! All the years of taking all those kids camping, I pretty much took pleasure in their joy, ha. I did like going, of course, being outside and exploring different areas, campfires, ect., but...
These days though, I can actually relax on a vacation!