summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 8, 2021

some rainy on a summer day...

 

I took this pic accidentally, then I decided that I like it...Miss Cam in the mirror in the kitchen.
When it rains it pours.  I had hoped to get in the pool today, but after our dentist appointments and shopping, the rain started in.  We need it though.

We did go to Target, and in our Target, is a Starbucks...mmm-hmmm.  Sonja K., Miss Cam, and Charlotte Claire...too much fun.  I know these days are fleeting, they will be looked back at fondly.  I know it's almost morbid, dark, gloomy, to see life as if it's in the past, but hey...look through my blog from just a few years back, and you'll see what I mean...pics of me shopping with six or seven daughters, pics of Molly and Aaron with baby Camille in Target...Aaron, who lives in California and never comes to NY anymore.  Life just speeds right by.  

So we enjoy our days.  Our days that aren't actually all filled with sunshine and roses, we still enjoy.  This morning started with two huge messes.  Suri is a bad bad Labrador sometimes.  She doesn't MEAN to be, but when we throw away leftover pulled pork and forget to put the garbage can in a room with a closed door, well, it smells so good!  She just has to get into it.  Then, her poor tummy all full, she needs to poop, she just needs to.  She doesn't realize that if she simply whines or barks, we can get up and let her out, just like during the day, but nooo.  She just trots down the hall and boom, right outside of our bedroom door.  

Between that (Paul was up first, so he got that mess), and the kitchen floor near the garbage can (it was a 20 minute clean up, the pork was warmed up in barbecue sauce, it was all sticky and messy on the floor)...

I've been washing extra bedding that the girls had in their room, and the couch covers, and some laundry...vacuumed the living room, which I do every day, because:  dogs. 

We went to the dentist, then to Target...then, ahhh, home.  I like home.  Yesterday, we stayed home all day.  I cleaned and vacuumed, the stairs, our room, the living areas.  We had a few hours in the pool in the afternoon, bliss.

Today, not so lucky, but we did relax in the afternoon and watch an episode of our show, while the girls ate sushi, which was on our summer's Bucket List.  I made burgers for Paul and I.  

The dark rainy afternoons are cozy and lovely.  I like having sunny pool afternoons, but...you can't beat a good summer storm.


4 comments:

Terri D said...

We have had nearly two weeks of gloomy rainy days so I am ready for it to dry out just a bit! We do need the rain, though, so I'm not really complaining. Y'all are always so busy!! Glad you got a day at home. I know you enjoyed it, even with the chores! xo

Barbara said...

Quiet days at home in a big family are little hard to come by! I know that so well with my son's large family. Indeed, a day when you don't need to leave the house at all is very special.

Linda said...

Yep, more and more rainy afternoons and you would think we would cool down, nope. sigh

Michelle said...

I love a dark, rainy afternoon too, especially when there’s nowhere to go and there’s a great book and coffee to enjoy.