summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

before and after, my favorite!

 

(A glimpse of the new color)
Bathroom cabinet, in the main bathroom...it was the orange-y oak, then chalk painted white...I decided to change it to Urbane Bronze, so I slapped on some primer....and you'll have to wait for the after.   I re-spray-painted the handles, and ordered new drawer pulls, three for $7.99 on Amazon.


Aaron and Riley are on vacation in Greece, sending me pics...wowza, right?

Aaron knows how much I like carriages and prams, but a chocolate one, wow!
Four pounds of chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces, marinated in some lime juice, with salt and pepper...added to a cornstarch/flour batter...

Fried up in the wok...

and yum.  From healthy, to unhealthy, but oh so good.  We made homemade honey/cayenne/ginger sauce, stir-fried veggies, and the kids had rice.  It took a while to fry it all up, and it was so hot in here, being 87 outside with high humidity.  I had a fan blowing on me while I cooked.  :)

It's nice out again, the rain stopped, again.  Last night:  thunder showers, rain just pounding on our metal roof, which I absolute love.  I just love it.  The sun is out again, and well, I kind of liked the dark and rainy.

We are leaving Friday for our three day Adirondack cabin, I've a meal plan, and have to go get the stuff.  Here's what I'm thinking, if anyone cares:

Charcoal grill is what's there, so grilled hot dogs, burgers, sausage on Friday night, with a veggie, maybe a nice salad.

Saturday night:  Emily's mango salsa chicken with coconut rice, asparagus.

Sunday night:  steak from our half-a-cow, potatoes (baked?  mashed?  salt potatoes?), and a salad.

Lunches:  sandwiches or pepperoni/cheese/crackers, turkey, grapes, cucumbers.

Brekkies:  eggs, cinnamon bread, French toast.

Snacks:  coconut oil popcorn with butter,  chips and fresh salsa, chocolate..chocolate covered almonds. 

I will not eat all this stuff, mostly I'll have the eggs, no toast, and the dinners minus the rice, ect.  

Anyway, off I go, to the store...again.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Santorini is a bucket list place for me! I really want to see it.

I'm hoping Europe stays open. My oldest two are supposed to be going to Europe for a few weeks next spring (already postponed from 2020).

Terri D said...

My goodness, I wouldn't want your grocery bill!! Your meals and snacks always sound so good though! That chicken looks yummy!! Always a nice visit here!!

Anonymous said...

It's cooling down here, only 107 today. The last couple of days were 114+. I hate the heat!

I want to swim in the pool at Greece! My daughter's wish was to visit Greece for her high school graduation, lol. Maybe college graduation, if she is lucky

Kristi

16 blessings'mom said...

Kara,I will admit, I didn't even know where Santorini was, until they went there. I knew Greece was nice, but oh dear, I didn't realize HOW nice. Wow, your kids are very lucky to get to go, glad things are opening up.
Terri, yes, I spend too much on groceries. :)
Kristi, that's too hot!!!! Way too hot. The hottest I've experienced is 107 in California a few years back, while visiting my son. Here, it rarely gets high nineties, but we have so much humidity.