summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 31, 2022

very interesting!!!!

 ....I wanted to title this "BREAKING NEWS!"   56 year old local woman slept well the night before a trip!  What did she do right to accomplish this?

Well, I don't know.  I didn't take anything, except for my usual vitamins...magnesium, potassium, fish oil, apple cider vinegar, vitamin D and K2....but I slept so well, the first time I woke up to roll over, I was so excited at how fast I had fallen asleep, I almost woke myself fully up, just thinking about it.  I woke up again, and it was only 4:30, woo hoo, I had time to fall back to sleep.  The beautiful thing is...I actually did.   Even in my sleep I knew it was a beautiful thing that I could actually sleep....

Anyhoo, I have to be out the door in a mere half hour, yet my comfy chair called and I answered.  I took care of the pups, and washed up dishes, cleaned things up, then decided what the heck, and here I am.

I'm excited about the trip down to Florida, but the older I get, the more anxiety I seem to have about things, even fun things.  As much as I fight those thoughts, my body has a mind of it's own, and my tummy will get all out of sorts, and I'll get a little shaky.  It's just a little trip!  It's NO BIGGIE!  But, my body is going out of it's comfort zone.  

A bit of anxiety, but also excitement, as I'm going somewhere I've never been, and I'm going with some really good friends:  Emily, Abigail, and Mariel.  (Evelyn was supposed to go to, but she just started a new job, and didn't want to ask for the time off.  She works from home, but the travel time today and Friday would have messed things up.)

The good thing is there are direct flights to Florida now, board the plane, and dang, three hours later, you're plop in the middle of summer!  Abigail came over last night to pick up the suitcase, and asked me if I was packing any sandals.  I am going to WEAR my sandals.  She was horrified, it's too cold here for sandals.  I'll wear boots to the airport, and change to sandals when I get dropped off.  But it's too cold to walk into the airport in sandals, she said.  n-aaaah.   It'll be fiiiiine.  

So off we go....


5 comments:

Linda said...

Have fun!!!! Smiles

Carol said...

I wish I was headed somewhere warm. I am freezing and we are to have snow, ice, etc. Snow in feet, not mere inches.

Terri D said...

Safe travels! We sure don't have sandal weather here right now, but better weather is coming mid-week with a hint that more cold weather is coming on the weekend. Of course, cold for us probably isn't cold for you! LOL Have fun!! Keep us posted!

Billie Jo said...

Have a wonderful time, my lovely friend! Soak up some sunshine for me!!!!

Diana said...

You will be fine in those sandals and I just know you're going to have an amazing time in Floprida!! You go have loads of fun, girl!! Grab all the sunshine you can!! Hugs and blessings, Della!