summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 25, 2022

are you KIDDING ME??!!

 ...nope, apparently not.  There are so many possibilities for good titles this morning:

My Labrador is a Piggy Pie

Oinker Strikes Again

Desperately Starving Suri Opens Clasped Containers

Who Scarfed The Cuppy-Cakes?

Suri:  Only 24?  Ain't There More?

Wrappers And All, Local Dog Hogs Down Entire Batch 

Woman Guilty of Canine Neglect:  Leaving Baked Goods in Reach of Overweight Labrador

Rumbly In Her Tumbly Leads To Binge-Eating for Local Pup

It's so not funny, and she had the audacity to still wag her tail and smile at me this morning!  I hadn't fount the empty containers over near the door yet, so I pet her and asked who's a good girl?  Who?  Are you a good girl?  She acts like she's never ever been the recipient of such pets and attention, every single morning, wags her entire body, oh so happy.  Then I saw the evidence, and asked her DID YOU DO THAT?  Oh, she did it all right.  She stopped the wagging and hung her head.  rrrrr.  She's lucky she's not sick.  

Empty.  I have to bake them all over again.  I don't know how she unlatched the sides, leaving no bite marks.  Here are some reviews of these containers:

...difficult to open...

...side latches tricky to operate....

I have a very talented and skilled Labrador, I should hire her out to help these ladies open the cupcake containers!  

Ah well.  Today is a busy one, I have to bake more cupcakes, and I'm going to have coffee with a friend this fine morning, leaving soon...then going out and about in the afternoon, to Costco, to get food for a church weekend (four meals for 60 people!), and a few things for our birthday gathering here on Sunday...

Yesterday I went out and about all by myself, it was nice, I was good company.  I didn't sigh and roll my eyes when I had to look at a few more things, nor did I object to going to Ollies discount store.  I didn't complain going to so many places.

I found good stuff in Ollies, and had a nice time walking up and down the aisles, in no hurry.  After that, Wegmans, because they have really good seltzer, and decent prices for Ezekial bread.  I don't eat bread in general, but once a week or so, I really like a slice of toast with eggs.  Their cinnamon raisin bread is so good.  I also went into Aldi, for avocados, strawberries, salad dressing, and and and.  

Home, ahh home.  Afternoon coffee on the deck...wait, where's the sun?  The cool breeze, no sun, brrr, 45 degrees, nope, going back in...this Sunday, when we have like 25+ people over, it's going to snow, and Monday, temps high in the twenties.  brrrr!  Winter, NO!  Leave us ALONE!

Okay...bye for now....

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh em geeee.. I'm dying about the doggy headlines. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And your description of the crime.

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness! Too bad you don't have that on video!!! And we are getting some cold weather too! Don't you just love the feeling of coming home after a day of running errands?!! Have a cozy weekend, my lovely friend.

Anonymous said...

That is unbelievable! You should post that picture beside the people's comments about it being hard to open! A different perspective...Stay warm this weekend, Ohio isn't done with winter either:(
Valerie

Terri D said...

Oh my, I giggled all the way through this! Now I'm thinking I need to find some time to visit Ollie's. Haven't been there since before Christmas. I can't believe your dog opened those cases and ate 24 cupcakes! Good grief, he is something for sure! Too bad you didn't have a video camera to capture the caper!! Have a good weekend!

Stacy said...

I am smiling so hard at the memories the story of your pup and the cupcakes brought to mind. Our late Bagel hound (Beagle/Basset) was a wee bit overweight (might have gone by the name Chubby Monster) and the most food-motivated dog I've ever known. Soooo much food disappeared under his careful watch. Even when he was older, heavier, and had large fatty tumors that made walking difficult he could still sail through the air like a Great White during Shark Week to snatch the food out of your hand.

Isn't it amazing what great company we are? And my daughter wonders why I'd sometimes rather go alone.

Have a great weekend!