summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

enjoying the coffee....

 Kicking Horse medium roast coffee:  I am not getting a penny to say how yummy it is.  I order it from Walmart, it arrives two days later, can't beat that.  I drink my first morning cup, than my second...then I wait until afternoon for #3.  If I exceed that, I get jittery.  

Have you ever read Proverbs 31 about the virtuous wife?  Goals.  Seriously.  V. 21:  She is not afraid of snow for her household.  V. 25-26:   Strength and honor are her clothing, she shall rejoice in the time to come.  She opens her mouth with wisdom and on her tongue is the law of kindness.  V.30:  Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,  But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

This chapter keeps coming to mind when I think about stocking up on things.  I don't want to hog or hoard, but I also want to be prepared.  So I've been buying that extra bag of flour, that extra can of crushed tomatoes.  This excellent wife we read about isn't afraid of the future, but is wise.  It isn't all about being prepared in an earthly sense, of course.  It can be easy, in theory, to trust in God that He knows what's best for me.  But what happens when someone says something that hurts my feelings?  Do I believe that God knows what's best for me?  

Oh life is interesting!  My life, not so much.  This fine morning, Miss Charlotte did NOT sleep through her alarm clock, the dog did not barf up her dog food, the cat did. not pee in the hallway, and I did not spill coffee grounds all over the kitchen.  I did sweep and mop, and wash dishes, and the top of the stove.  I washed the couch covers and let the dogs and cats in and out of the house a few times.  I talked to Miss Camille, checked up on what she's doing with schooling, and talked about her packing list. ( She is leaving on Sunday morning to go with Evelyn to California to stay with Aaron and Riley's doggies while they go on vacation.  They're leaving from there to go to Norway, so she has to pack for a hot climate, then a cold one, plus bring that violin.)  

One thing I'm trying to do is stay home more, save some gas, save some money.  I think later I'll take down some light fixtures and clean them.  I need to repaint the kitchen ceiling too.  There are certainly projects to do, it's just the getting started that's hard. 

The weather here is warming up.  36 in the morning, 60 in the afternoon.  I almost don't love it, and I can't fully explain...crawling out of the winter cocoon of coziness is amazing, yet...I like that cocoon.  

Paul is more energetic than I am.  He goes outside and pulls a tire down the road, for exercise.  A tire with a heavy rock on it.  He does his push ups and his pull ups and his sprinting, and I do a little bit of this and that.  He starts work extra early so he can take breaks and go outside.  He cannot, for the life of him, understand why Della doesn't go outside more.  Do you see a comfy chair out there, Paul?

Having a husband work from home is nice, nice for him, nice for me, yet I always feel so self-conscious when he comes out of his office and I'm not doing much, which is most of the time.  

I do intend to go for a nice long walk this afternoon, when I get out in the nice weather, I enjoy it.  


5 comments:

Terri D said...

Hope you enjoyed your walk and for goodness sake, you are SO busy... hubby can't think ill of you if you have some time for yourself with nothing to do! xo

Unknown said...

Hi Della! We have also had some glorious day!! I just love it. We take our little girl for a lovely walk in one of beautiful river valley areas. The snow is melting and the low spots are lakes 😬😬 Today it was 10C just beautiful and of course she’s a dog and was slopping through that water having a wonderful time. The joys of being a dog! Camille and Evelyn will have a lovely time in California then off to Norway! Wow…….world travellers! I also like my coffee in my big comfy chair and I have be doing Wordle AND Canuckle which in the Canadian version! It’s fun! I think you always seem to be busy puttering around………… have a nice evening 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, ha, he doesn't actually, I just feel like that sometimes. You know, when someone runs circles around you.
Marilyn, I bet your girl absolutely loved that walk, Labs like nothing better than slopping through water. I have also been playing Wordle...when I get it on the second time, oh what fun!

Martha said...

The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. Proverbs 31:11

That piece always sent a knife into my heart. Not because I wasn't trustworthy, but because I knew he didn't trust me. I didn't know why. Now I do. :(

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, he never understood what a treasure he had in you.