summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

sweet sunshine....

 

Miss Camille has the right idea...
We spent some nice hours in the sunshine today...it's like we're cheating winter, down here in Florida.  It took us all the live-long day to get down here.  We left for the airport at 7:30 am, and our flight was a bit delayed.  We finally got on the plane, and....uh-oh, the pilot announced a trouble with one of the two onboard computers.  We deplaned, with no guarantees it would be fixable.  They had to have a mechanic come from another airport.  We waited.  Some people bought tickets for different airlines.  Those ticket prices skyrocketed right before our searching eyes.  So we waited.  Fiiiinaly, the captain announced the plane was fixed and we could reboard!  Yay!!!  We trooped back to our seats, but it wasn't fun and games yet...nope, they had to wait until the repair paperwork was approved by their main office in Colorado.  So, we waited some more.  We landed five hours later than we were supposed to.





Finally in Florida, waiting outside to get the rental car, in the warm evening air!!!

But, we are here, and we are happy.  I have plane stories too, of course I do!  Life is one big series of little stories!  When we boarded the first time at around ten o'clock, there was a family with a little boy, and a one year old girl.  The little girl, Bella Rose, was asleep, and all was well.   The second time we boarded, little Bella Rose was awake and a-roaring to go.  She wasn't having it, none of it. she was throwing herself around, and just all around antsy.  Well, the couple sitting in front of them wasn't having it, with Bella Rose.  No sir, no how, they had some choice words to Bella's parents, suggested they teach their child some manners.  Well, Bella's dad wasn't having it, he shouted, "No one ---ing tells me how to raise my kid, @#$%$####!!!!!  The nice man sitting with my husband across the aisle gently encouraged Bella's dad to shh, tone it down, so Bella's dad decided to switch seats, so as to not be behind those people anymore.  Bella cried, she fussed, she threw herself this way and that way...and FINALLY the plane took off....and she fell asleep.  phew.  I had felt so bad for their little family.   The dad said to me:  Grown ups can control themselves, babies can't.  She cannot help that she's so fussy....  I agreed with him, but so ironic, right?    I did tell him he was a good dad...he remained so gentle and good to little Bella Rose.  :)

Anyway.  We got here, and we went to the pool today!  Then we went out to dinner.  I had cajun fried haddock, and buffalo chicken tenders, oh so good.  

Paul and his mama....

Miss Camille and Miss Charlotte Claire

Tomorrow, the beach!!!!



6 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Plane stories. That could be a blog in itself.
Enjoy yourselves. Today was absolutely lovely; it's getting warmer lately, but today was perfect in my book.

Terri D said...

I missed that you were making another trip to Florida! Welcome back!! Enjoy!!

16 blessings'mom said...

It was perfect in my book too, Suz! Just perfect. Of course it was all of eleven degrees when we left NY for the airport on Monday morning, so...:)
Terri, yes, we came down for four days, just a visit to grandma. We were driving through Lakeland on the way from the airport Monday night, and I was thinking about you, if I spotted a lady who looked like you, I'd have had to pull over!

Unknown said...

Hi Della 👋 Oh glorious sun and heat in Florida. That was some trip wasn’t it? Makes life interesting. I’ve got a funny plane story…not sure if I told you already but it’s worth sharing again. When we went to Australia 4 years ago my hubby bought us some yummy cookies to take on the plane. Anyway when the coffee came around I decided to eat one. There were big chunks of chocolate in them and I thought one bit dropped, but searched and decided I was mistaken. So quite some time later I go up to go to the biffy and when I sat on the loo I noticed the melted chocolate in the crotch of my pants that were a light colour!! You know what THAT looked like!! So here I am scrubbing away to get it off and now I have a wet crotch!! Thank goodness I was wearing a long top
that covered it up!! When I got back to my seat and told my hubby we couldn’t stop laughing 😂 Moral of the story……wear dark coloured pants when flying!! 🤣🤣🤣

Keep on enjoying!,

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦 o

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh Marilyn, and it's not as if you can just point it out to random strangers and reassure them it's only chocolate that you tried to sponge off, oh dear! So funny but so not funny! I try to wear patterns when flying, btw. No solid colors ha.

Linda said...

Grinning...thank you Della. Have a beautiful trip.