summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

oh yeah, it's spring....

 

Just driving down the road in the springtime...enjoying the scenery.
I picked Miss Char up from school yesterday, so we went out and about a little.  I knew it was a snowy, but wowza.  The sudden whiteouts, and the buildup of snow on the roads, so spring-like!  I did see in the news the huge whiteout crash in Pennsylvania, so scary!

This fine day I had a Grandma Day.  Elise came over, then Ophelia...
Ophelia likes to pretend to go nighty-night.

Sunny stole her bed!

After they went home, I put some chicken breast to marinate in lime juice, salt, pepper, ginger.  I did some toy picking up, talked to my sister on the phone, and before I knew it, it was time to leave to go to the pool!  After a nice swim, I picked up Anne and Davian, and went to Activity Club.  We colored and did crafts and played with Duplos and magnet tiles, and ran around like crazy.  Home...ah, home.

I ate a small bit of chicken and nothing else, before I flew out the door to the pool.  Swimming makes me hungry, and I had to get through A.C. without eating the snacks there...I did it!   When I got here, I made chaffles:  1 and one half cup mozzarella cheese (shredded), 3 eggs all whisked up, a tablespoon of almond flour, and a fourth teaspoon of baking powder...it made five chaffles.  I also heated a sausage patty in the microwave, then threw it in the waffle iron for a few minutes.  I ate them with 3 teaspoons of raspberry jam.  I know, sugary, but it was the BEST dinner.  It was breakfast, lunch, and dinner, besides that little chunk of chicken I ate.  Dessert was a handful or two of peanuts.  

Today was a talking to my kids day.  Well, yesterday too.  I talked to Suzanne, and Sam, and Margaret on the phone, and Kathryn.  Molly was here today, with Josh, to drop off and pick up Ophelia.  Ashley came in and visited when she picked up Elise.  I love love love having so many to talk to!  

Kathryn had a rough few days, little Rhys has croup.
Isn't she so cute?  She sounded awful, Kap sent me a video of her doing that distinctive croup-y breathing, so I encouraged Kathryn to call the dr.  I then forwarded the video to Emily, who is a Nurse Practitioner working in pulmonary.  She agreed that Rhys should be seen.  When Kathryn called her dr., the dr. heard Rhys breathing like that in the background, and said to take her right to the E.R.  Scary stuff, but she's okay with some steroids.  (Another rough night for her mama though!)

Never a dull moment.  I will say this though, it's harder than words can explain to have this sweet little princess growing up on the other side of the country, without seeing her..but maybe twice a year, if I'm lucky.  


1 comment:

Terri D said...

Such cute kiddos. THat accident in PA sounded horrible. I'm glad it wasn't that bad for you, but still... come on!! It is Spring!! xo