summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 14, 2022

I'm back!!!! back to reality!

 

You don't know most of my friends, but I'm there in the back row, then my daughter Abigail in the pink, then Emily on the end in the back, and my sister Cheryl in the middle back sitting...
The younger ones in the hot tub...that view, oh my goodness.
Susan, Abigail, and Emily working on a puzzle...
Cathy and Patty helping with the charcuterie...


We arrived on Friday to this gorgeous scenery...it was 52 degrees, and the hot tub was fine!

We woke up Saturday morning to a snow!






A weekend away with my friends, I can't put into words how good it was.  We watched a few transmissions of the international church Sisters' conferences, so we were built up in faith, and encouraged to each be hearing what God speaks to us during our days, and fight our own battles against sin.  How can there be any quarreling or division among us when we hear things like that, and put it into practice?  It's amazing, blessed, peaceful, and so much fun.  

Home...ah, home.  I do like to come home, and this time was exceptionally good:  Paul had cleaned up so nicely, and there was stew in the crockpot, so no dinner dilemma for me!  He was gone with the dogs when I came in, I was home alone!  I dragged my suitcase into my room, then went into the bathroom.  I came out, and Sonja popped into my room and RAH!!!!, scared the living daylights out of me.  Yes, I screamed.

We did not call a truce, however, we enjoy scaring each other too much, I'll get her back.


This fine morning on the deck...oh what a morning.  The time change and I are not on good terms.  I woke up and knew I had to get up to see Miss Char out the door, so I did.  I got dressed and came out to let the pups out, put on the water for coffee, and dang, she wasn't out here yet, so I ran into her room, Charlotte, hurry up, the bus, come on!  She peeked out from the covers, BUS?  But there's no school!  oops.  sorry.  I totally forgot.  Staff Development day.  go back to sleep, sorry!!!!

Oh boy.  She DID tell me, I last week, but shh, I forgot this morning.  I was totally awake, couldn't go back to bed, but if I had remembered, I would have gotten a little more sleep!  Oh well.  I had to get up anyway, because Camille had a doctor's appointment.  It's a bit of a drive to the medical center in the county north of here, but the dr. who did Sonja's knee surgery moved and changed practices, so we followed him.  

Camille needs the surgery, and elective surgeries are opened up now.  Since her knee has dislocated three times, the chances of it doing it again are sky high, over 90%.  This is the same surgery Sonja had a few years ago, a cadaver tendon is put into place to hold the knee tight.  It's non-invasive, but the recovery is 3-6 months.  I am NOT looking forward to it, at all, but it's necessary, and I am super thankful she will finally be able to get it done, go through recovery, and get on with life without worrying about it popping out again.  

We're not sure when it will be done, but sometime after mid April, when she gets home from Norway.

So we took a nice long drive this morning, then I filled the tank with $4.49 a gallon gas, we stopped in Aldi for a few things, then a nice long drive home.  

Camille said some of  her friends were of the opinion that we have absolutely nothing to complain about, with gas prices, since the war-torn nations are suffering so much more, and the prices are a direct result of the war, and if it's the price we have to pay, oh well.   Well.  a-hem.  Prices were rising like crazy before that, Cam.  And we shouldn't be complaining about things anyway, but...gas prices like these are leading to a whole lot of suffering for people, as food and EVERYTHING else will get more expensive.  Diesel is over $5 a gallon, and the truckers will have to pass on those increases to us.   We do need to get back to more energy independence, that's for sure.  

It can be so scary to live in these times, going straight from Covid to war, and inflation all mixed in.  We have to remember that God has numbered the hairs of our heads, and if we love Him, all things will work together for our good.  If we love Him, we keep His commandments.  I honestly can't imagine living in these times without faith in God.  

I definitely see my lack, my need for God, the need for endurance.  "I find a law that evil is present in me, the one who wills to do good."(Rom. 7:21) Oh, I can serve and bless, but then I find such honor seeking in myself!  I find accusing thoughts, snark, and such laziness!   When I see these things, I can ask God for help to overcome, and He gives victory.  This is the whole purpose Jesus came with, so we can be free from the sin that entangles us.  

We have so much to be thankful for!











3 comments:

American Housewife said...

You can show Cam the consumer price index report by the government was released last week. Under our current administration, gas prices rose almost 40% (38.8%) in Biden's first year as President. From February to February - Prior to the Russia/Ukraine situation. So the 40% increase is on him and his policies - not Russia. :)

Terri D said...

Yes, we do have much to be thankful for. Glad you had such a great time with family and friends! Nothing better!!

Betty said...

So sad that some continue to believe the medias narrative that Russia is responsible. Elections or stolen elections have consequences. My heart aches for families trying to absorb these increases especially at the supermarket. You are correct that faith and prayer are needed. I keep reminding myself god is in control. Your weekend getaway photos were beautiful, I love viewing snow from afar.