summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

gramma day....

 Elise is coming over soon, it'll be a Gramma Day.  I love having time with the grandkids.  Maybe we'll make cookies again...




....and we did! Sugar cookies, a really nice simple recipe:

2 3/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder, mix all together

2 sticks butter

1 1/2 C sugar...blend butter and sugar, add:

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla:  mix all together and add flour mixture

Roll into little balls, roll in sprinkles (Elise did that part, she was partial to the green sprinkles)

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.  

We packed up most of them to bring to Activity Club tonight.

Elise is too much fun, she sings silly songs with Grandma, and it's just nice.

Sonja had a few spare hours today and went out and about with her two friends, then they came here for a bit.  They're dreaming about international travel...France, Greece...who knows?  

Dinner:  The girls made a barbecued chicken pizza with onions, and garlic knots.  I made some burgers for Paul and I.  Activity Club night means not much time for dinner, so off I go....maybe a better post tomorrow!


5 comments:

Terri D said...

Yum to those cookies! You and the family are always busy!! Whew!! Off you always go. I am so stuck to my happy place (recliner). Good for you!

Susan said...

Elise is darling! With that red hair and green outfit she looks like the cover girl for Irish Times!♥️

Unknown said...

Hi Della! Your weekend away looks lovely. Nothing better than a girl time away from everything. A good recharge!! Little Elise is adorable………of course you know that already. I enjoyed baking/cooking with my grands. They loved licking the beaters………who doesn’t? 🥰🥰I hope your Activity Club was fun too! 🥳🥳

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

CarrieinSeattle said...

Hi, I’m your Seattle Commenter :-). Thanks for recipe for the sugar cookies. Your grandkids are so adorable! I’m currently in France, triple vaxxed and tested positive. I’m completely blocked here until either day 11 post positive test or I test negative. The joys of international travel in the age of Covid.

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, I love my recliner. :)
Susan, Elise gets red hair from both sides, her maternal grandmother was a red-head, as was my mother!
Marilyn, licking the beaters - now when I bake and no grandchildren are here, I'm hard pressed to find someone who's interested, and it's sad! The kids did have tons of fun at Activity Club, so did I!
Carrie, NO, that's frustrating! How are you feeling? I hope you're either staying with friends, or in a reasonably priced place, (the Ibis, ha!), or have travel insurance. France is the place my girls and their friends were dreaming of in their plans yesterday. I showed them the little town I stayed in a few years back (Flers). A few of my girls going to Norway next month purchased travel insurance specifically for Covid. Dang. I hope you don't get more than a stuffy nose, and are able to somehow enjoy your extended vacay in this age of Covid!